Pokémon Thread

Dean Judaster

On 12/15/2022 at 5:42 PM, JennyWayne said:

I remember playing Pokemon Platinum and later Black as a kid and I just overleveled the sh!t out of my starter, caught the box legendary and just swept the Elite Four with 4 other weak Pokemon

As a kid I always had to keep my starter like 3-5 levels stronger than the rest, then lately I stopped giving a sh!t about my starter because Galar starters are horrible.

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,536
On 12/15/2022 at 9:42 PM, JennyWayne said:

I remember playing Pokemon Platinum and later Black as a kid and I just overleveled the sh!t out of my starter, caught the box legendary and just swept the Elite Four with 4 other weak Pokemon

On 12/15/2022 at 9:44 PM, Dean Spookchester said:

As a kid I always had to keep my starter like 3-5 levels stronger than the rest, then lately I stopped giving a sh!t about my starter because Galar starters are horrible.

I started playing pokémon when I was 5. Until I was like 12 years old all my playthroughs looked like this: Get starter, use it exclusively for every battle, which works because of how overleveled he is. Only have other pokémon for HM purposes until Elite 4. Since the Elite 4 was too hard to beat with just the starter, no matter how overleveled they were, I'd call on the help of whatever legendary pokémon was available to catch by the elite 4 (so on Kanto I'd have the bird trio, on Hoenn Kyogre/Groudon, and Sinnoh Palkia/Dialga + Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie). Having a team was just not a concept to me, I was exclusively interested in starter pokémon and semi-legendaries/legendaries, the others where weak useless pokémon best left on the box :icant:. Needless to say the game became more fun for me once I started building actual teams, but it took a while ngl :dead:

When I was younger, I was very into Pokémon, but ever since Rubby Omega, I kind of lost interest in it. The first Pokémon game I ever played was Diamond, so my favorite region is Hoenn and the 4th generation.

As of now, I'm getting a new found interest again in it, but, as I don't have a Switch, I can't play the new games :dead:

I think what I loved the most about the games were their soundtracks! the music is so so good!

The Fame Popster 485
On 12/15/2022 at 11:10 PM, BloodyOreo said:

I started playing pokémon when I was 5. Until I was like 12 years old all my playthroughs looked like this: Get starter, use it exclusively for every battle, which works because of how overleveled he is. Only have other pokémon for HM purposes until Elite 4. Since the Elite 4 was too hard to beat with just the starter, no matter how overleveled they were, I'd call on the help of whatever legendary pokémon was available to catch by the elite 4 (so on Kanto I'd have the bird trio, on Hoenn Kyogre/Groudon, and Sinnoh Palkia/Dialga + Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie). Having a team was just not a concept to me, I was exclusively interested in starter pokémon and semi-legendaries/legendaries, the others where weak useless pokémon best left on the box :icant:. Needless to say the game became more fun for me once I started building actual teams, but it took a while ngl :dead:

I started playing with my older sister's Crystal, when I was also 5, and let me tell you that my first ever decent team was on Platinum thanks to the Action Replay :rip:

I've been loving Violet despite its hilariously bad bugs, and its final arch is on the same level of BW's

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,536
On 12/16/2022 at 4:40 PM, Mylo said:

I started playing with my older sister's Crystal, when I was also 5, and let me tell you that my first ever decent team was on Platinum thanks to the Action Replay :rip:

I've been loving Violet despite its hilariously bad bugs, and its final arch is on the same level of BW's

yeah the final arch was pretty good 

and daddy Turo could get it 

• yaas, gaga 1

On 12/15/2022 at 6:10 PM, BloodyOreo said:

My poor a** was in a third world country so we didn't get RBY until much later. I did play Gen 1 a lot though. I always kept my party well-rounded but my dumb a** thought the type of the moves must always match the type of the pokemon. For example I had Bubble, Bubblebeam, Water Gun and Hydro Pump :icant: It wasn't until GSC that I realized it should be varied

On 12/15/2022 at 6:49 PM, Ms I am a local said:

I don't have a Switch, I can't play the new games :dead:

How about an emulator?

On 12/16/2022 at 7:01 AM, MaryJaneHolland said:

Miss Violet> Fad Scarlet

Choosing between Vomit and Scat doesn't change much :icant:

Popster to Popster 4,583
On 12/14/2022 at 1:05 PM, admin said:

I've been playing since forever, but I've only put in a few hours into the new game so far. I've been feeling Poke-fatigue for the past few gens and it's only been increasing. I was hoping the two games this year would've made me fall in love again, but so far, it has not.

Wait, let's do OG starter:

bulbasaur GIF

Taste shown as always, Bulbasaur is an under appreciated king

• yaas, gaga 2

On 12/17/2022 at 3:18 PM, Dean Spookchester said:

Anybody played Pokken?

I played it a few times, but haven’t in like 2 years. Maybe I should get back into it. I remember it being fun to play 

• yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 485
On 12/17/2022 at 4:18 PM, Dean Spookchester said:

Anybody played Pokken?

Played it for 30 hours or so: not my kind of game, but it's absolutely a fun one! I remember having a blast with Decidueye's and Empoleon's gameplays

On 12/17/2022 at 12:15 PM, Shor said:

I played it a few times, but haven’t in like 2 years. Maybe I should get back into it. I remember it being fun to play 

On 12/17/2022 at 6:58 PM, Mylo said:

Played it for 30 hours or so: not my kind of game, but it's absolutely a fun one! I remember having a blast with Decidueye's and Empoleon's gameplays

I plan on getting it for switch but I finally started enjoying Scarlet so maybe after that

• paws up 1
  • love 2

On 12/19/2022 at 6:26 PM, Dean Spookchester said:

I plan on getting it for switch but I finally started enjoying Scarlet so maybe after that

S/V were super fun for me outside the framing issues and occasional crashing :icant: also the fact that my blind a** has to squint to spot shinies 

sad that they were still downgrades compared to legends arceus. They better have another legends-esque game ready for the B&W remakes

• paws up 1