Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

A Popster Is Born 11,846
On 1/24/2023 at 2:00 PM, Lazz Monster said:

I'm so happy, yeah, Hold My Hand wasn't a success, but it's a beautiful song and I'll always defend it, it did what it was supposed to do, which was getting an Oscar Nomination :prideheart:

Now I just want Gaga to give us a beautiful performance :giveup:

Not chart wise, but It’s a success for her again in the sense another vocal flex acclaim baity ballad has gone on to do a little image house-keeping for ha and got her in an award season, E.g like TIHTY post ARTPOP :talent: (not that HoG was anywhere near as messy but yeah)

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,639
On 1/24/2023 at 9:08 AM, zoldyck said:

yes :katy:

very similar situation of Viola/Andrea to Gaga/Cruz

except Cruz was a critics favorite, nabbing 2/3 of the trifecta alongside many other critics awards, unlike Andrea with all that last min payola w AMPAS voters to tweet/support about you during voting 

A Popster Is Born 14,745

NAVIES led by istan4badgalriri changing their tune after undermining Gaga's Oscar Win since 2019 :icant:

Academy Award-nominated recording artist & songwriter Rihanna sounds nice

:laughga:

• lol 12

Popster to Popster 4,971
On 1/24/2023 at 11:11 AM, Bojana said:

is it tho? 

I didn't say it's necessary, but it helps for sure, they wouldn't have nominated both Ana and Viola, if you've made every precursor, but is not in a BP nominee, you are not safe, that's it

• paws up 1

On 1/24/2023 at 7:13 PM, xo_hours said:

except Cruz was a critics favorite, nabbing 2/3 of the trifecta alongside many other critics awards, unlike Andrea with all that last min payola w AMPAS voters to tweet/support about you during voting 

Cruz missed all the precursor, these wins from small critic region bodies are overated. Cruz getting in was as much payola as Andrea.  

Pop-a-911-ster 21,948
On 1/24/2023 at 11:17 AM, zoldyck said:

Cruz missed all the precursor, these wins from small critic region bodies are overated. Cruz getting in was as much payola as Andrea.  

Acting categories nominations are decided by acting branch at the Academy...

Actors = hippies

end of story :icant:

On 1/24/2023 at 3:16 PM, FRANZGA said:

NAVIES led by istan4badgalriri changing their tune after undermining Gaga's Oscar Win since 2019 :icant:

:laughga:

hmmm academy award nomination for a singer turned panty-dropper seller is not a good look

Spoiler

is it too much? 

Edited by Bojana
  • lol 4

On 1/24/2023 at 7:19 PM, emig_09 said:

Acting categories nominations are decided by acting branch at the Academy...

Actors = hippies

end of story :icant:

But its weird when they don't even show up for SAG, I guess they start sending mails to fellow actors as soon as voting period starts 

On 1/24/2023 at 3:22 PM, Swallow said:

Variety is saying Gaga and Rihanna are performing at the Oscars :giveup:

I think Marc is just assuming because the nominated song usually get performed, but in 2019 Kendric and SZA didnt perform All The Stars, so we should wait for offical announcement 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 14,522

ANA DE ARMAAAAAAAAAAAS

Black-woman-sliding-off-sofa-GIF-Tiffany-Pollard-source-unknown.gif

Black-woman-sliding-off-sofa-GIF-Tiffany-Pollard-source-unknown.gifBlack-woman-sliding-off-sofa-GIF-Tiffany-Pollard-source-unknown.gifBlack-woman-sliding-off-sofa-GIF-Tiffany-Pollard-source-unknown.gif

the payola....