Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 32,636
On 1/24/2023 at 10:54 AM, Thrasher said:

The Navy is so sure LMU is going to win 

Seems like we’re more experienced (or HUMBLE) while they might experience their TIHTY moment

LMU lost the GOLDEN GLOBE of all awards….I highly doubt Rihanna wins, I mean she could, anything could happen, but to be “so sure” it’s gonna win :door:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,852
On 1/24/2023 at 4:03 PM, emig_09 said:

and Shakira debuts at #9

a new top 10 for her since 2007 (Beautiful Liar with Beyonce)

flowers and shakira's jam song popped the f off :happydance:

it feels so pre 2014'd rn... Bey, Gaga, Shakira, Miley, Rihanna, and even BRITNEY all on hot100 :dead:

(and nothing for katy/xtina who didn't survive. oh well!)

A Popster Is Born 12,154
On 1/24/2023 at 9:22 PM, BenG said:

Omg first Asian Best Actress nominee??

First “openly” Asian actress because Merle Oberon was South Asian and hid her real identity her entire life. 

• paws up 1
  • shook 3

A Popster Is Born 14,777
On 1/25/2023 at 12:07 AM, Adarsh said:

First “openly” Asian actress because Merle Oberon was South Asian and hid her real identity her entire life. 

But she's 1/8th South Asian at most as oppose to Yeoh's 100% Asian ethnicity/race/heritage :giveup:

Edited by FRANZGA

A Popster Is Born 12,154
On 1/24/2023 at 9:42 PM, FRANZGA said:

But she's 1/8th South Asian at most as oppose to Yeoh's 100% Asian ethnicity/race/heritage :giveup:

Her mother was part Sinhalese and part Maori so she was half Asian, not 1/8th. But yes, Michelle’s nomination is historic. 

A Popster Is Born 14,777
On 1/25/2023 at 12:15 AM, Adarsh said:

Her mother was part Sinhalese and part Maori so she was half Asian, not 1/8th. But yes, Michelle’s nomination is historic. 

I'm not an expert but her wikipage must be lying then.. it says her mother (which was actually her grand-mother) was a Eurasian with Maori Ancestry.

"She was raised as the daughter of Arthur Terrence O'Brien Thompson, a British mechanical engineer from Darlington who worked in Indian Railways[6] and his wife, Charlotte Selby, a Eurasian from Ceylon (present-day Sri Lanka). Her mother also had Māori ancestry.[7] However, according to her birth certificate, Merle's biological mother was Charlotte's then-12-year-old daughter, Constance. Charlotte had herself given birth to Constance at the age of 14, the result of r*pe by Henry Alfred Selby, the Anglo-Irish foreman of a tea plantation.[7] To avoid scandal, Charlotte raised Merle as Constance's half-sister.[1][8]"

Edited by FRANZGA

Pop-a-911-ster 27,065
x3
On 1/24/2023 at 5:21 PM, Doncho said:

He is always the first one to support Gaga :fall::prideheart:

He is always so supportive! I'm also surprised how he knows that she is the first artist to receive 3 noms at this category 

• paws up 2
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 14,777
On 1/25/2023 at 12:26 AM, little legend said:

The fact that Gaga is gonna slay the record for most nominations and wins in the best song category. I can see her having 15noms and 5 wins in the future 

BE HUMBLE :nicki_scream:

• thanks 1