All things 🤡: Filming's a 🌯

BenG

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This comment on Goldderby :peacega:

'I just now saw the pictures of Gaga as Harley Quinn and I am fully convinced. I always thought it was a good choice because Gaga as a performer shares the character’s inherent theatrics, and the film provides a context where it can be used in a far less pretentious way than House of Gucci. I never liked Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn because I think she lacks a good deal of grit and edge, so I’m excited that the character is getting a more memorable incarnation.
Mark Bridges is in his Phantom Thread bag, what a fantastic costume. Very cool how he brought personality and clown references to formal attire. The rhombus motif from head to toe. The angular collar, the texture on the outside of the suit, the tights, the triangular puff sleeves, the print on the blouse and the cut of it that also ends in a triangle, the way the suit is styled with a single clasp right in the middle, creating a corset-like effect, an hourglass figure with two inverted triangles… We love attention to detail.'

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 5

Pop-a-911-ster 37,992
On 3/27/2023 at 2:46 PM, PanPikus said:

This comment on Goldderby :peacega:

'I just now saw the pictures of Gaga as Harley Quinn and I am fully convinced. I always thought it was a good choice because Gaga as a performer shares the character’s inherent theatrics, and the film provides a context where it can be used in a far less pretentious way than House of Gucci. I never liked Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn because I think she lacks a good deal of grit and edge, so I’m excited that the character is getting a more memorable incarnation.
Mark Bridges is in his Phantom Thread bag, what a fantastic costume. Very cool how he brought personality and clown references to formal attire. The rhombus motif from head to toe. The angular collar, the texture on the outside of the suit, the tights, the triangular puff sleeves, the print on the blouse and the cut of it that also ends in a triangle, the way the suit is styled with a single clasp right in the middle, creating a corset-like effect, an hourglass figure with two inverted triangles… We love attention to detail.'

I think the look is so striking and instantly iconic but I couldn't have put it into words like these :shakes:

• paws up 3

On 3/27/2023 at 3:49 PM, BloodyOreo said:

I think the look is so striking and instantly iconic but I couldn't have put it into words like these :shakes:

#thank you Goldderby :romance:

Edited by PanPikus
  • lol 1

On 3/26/2023 at 2:56 PM, BloodyOreo said:

anyway I'm absolutely living for everything we've been getting these days

I'd made peace with only getting Dr. Harleen Quinzel so really stoked to see we're getting some Harley Quinn 

Someone pointed out yesterday that when they filmed an outdoor scene for The Batman, the crew purposely dressed Catwoman in a different costume to throw internet sleuths off. And now I don't know what to believe. I'm still not sure we're getting full Harley. 🤣

• BenG changed the title to All things 🤡: Filming's a 🌯