The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 54,662
On 6/5/2023 at 10:51 PM, Fame Romance said:

First soundtrack hihi oh GODGA

The Hamilton musical has 5.7B but it's neither a movie nor it isn't new original songs written for that soundtrack album

Most-streamed Movie Soundtracks on Spotify:

#1 Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born 5B

#2 The Greatest Showman 4.5B

#3 Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 4.2B

#4 Fifty Shades Of Grey 3.7B

#5 Vaiana 3.3B

#6 Saturday Night Fever 2.5B

#7 Frowen 2.5B

#8 Trolls 2.4B

#9 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 2.4B

#10 Fifty Shades Darker 2.3B

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 13,734
On 6/5/2023 at 11:35 PM, Fame Romance said:

The Hamilton musical has 5.7B but it's neither a movie nor it isn't new original songs written for that soundtrack album

#5 Vaiana 3.3B

#7 Frowen 2.5B

#8 Trolls 2.4B

not me thinking (and searching) about the Skyfall OST just to discover that Skyfall (S) is not the smash I've been thinking for the last 11 years it was :dead:

rotting at 300M :dead:

• lol 3

Pop-a-911-ster 54,662
On 6/5/2023 at 11:56 PM, danwasd said:

not me thinking (and searching) about the Skyfall OST just to discover that Skyfall (S) is not the smash I've been thinking for the last 11 years it was :dead:

rotting at 300M :dead:

I mean Skyfall was huge upon release, just not that much in the USA and it’s a bit forgotten on streaming 

But it sold well in Europe 

On 6/5/2023 at 11:35 PM, Fame Romance said:

#5 Vaiana 3.3B

#7 Frowen 2.5B

#8 Trolls 2.4B

Ahh ASIB and The Greatest Showman were my 2018 vibes :prideheart:

Out of soundtracks overall Bohemian Rhapsody or Suicide Squad might have more but those are mostly compilations, not fully original ones. So yeah. ASIB slayed all those trying their soundtracks sluts :telephone:

• love 1

A modern classic:applause:

Notably, “Flowers” ties for the third-longest reign since Radio Songs began in December 1990 – and passes Adele’s “Easy On Me” for the longest rule for a Columbia Records single.

Most Weeks at No. 1 on Radio Songs:

26, “Blinding Lights,” The Weeknd, 2020
18, “Iris,” Goo Goo Dolls, 1998
16, “Flowers,” Miley Cyrus, 2023
16, “Girls Like You,” Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B, 2018
16, “We Belong Together,” Mariah Carey, 2005
16, “Don’t Speak,” No Doubt, 1996-97
15, “Easy On Me,” Adele, 2021-22

Just saying but since late April, Burns, BloodPop, Eli Russell, Tom Norris (mixer), Michael Bearden have been at Nightbird studio in West Hollywood. She has been seen quitting a restaurant close to the studio and her music director + Richy are back working on stuff together.

She is cooking up something music related and I actually love the fact she not telling anything :romance:

• paws up 5
  • hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,884

Oh GODGA we are now ready to hear your surprise EP release this summer, with disco/funky influence to move our body on the beach! 

• hugs 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

On 6/6/2023 at 11:17 AM, Miaou said:

Oh GODGA we are now ready to hear your surprise EP release this summer, with disco/funky influence to move our body on the beach! 

Summers seems a bit early imo. But yeah if she's working on music I could see her returning for the last quarter of the year. Like Joanne releasing schedule. Only guess of course

Pop-a-911-ster 26,884
On 6/6/2023 at 11:24 AM, monketsharona said:

Summers seems a bit early imo. But yeah if she's working on music I could see her returning for the last quarter of the year. Like Joanne releasing schedule. Only guess of course

I think she is preparing a Cardi B and Bad Bunny collab to secure her legacy! 

• lol 3

A Popster Is Born 11,887
On 6/6/2023 at 9:48 AM, monketsharona said:

Just saying but since late April, Burns, BloodPop, Eli Russell, Tom Norris (mixer), Michael Bearden have been at Nightbird studio in West Hollywood. She has been seen quitting a restaurant close to the studio and her music director + Richy are back working on stuff together.

She is cooking up something music related and I actually love the fact she not telling anything :romance:

Not bloodpop again though... he's not really brought her further since ASIB, i hope someone else is in charge

Spoiler

And as a fan i loved both chromatica and especially HMH but they were way too generic and didn't impact GP at all. Time to try a new producer if you are making sonic-led work

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,798
On 6/6/2023 at 10:48 AM, monketsharona said:

Not Bloodpop 😭

On 6/6/2023 at 11:25 AM, Miaou said:

I think she is preparing a Cardi B and Bad Bunny collab to secure her legacy! 

She needs to collab with her daughter Dua and Doja instead