The Drought Era - Charts Discussion Thread

Dean Judaster

ARTPOPster 1,590
On 6/7/2023 at 12:45 PM, Thatkat4 said:

BTW was front loaded. But longetivity means nothing when measuring how "great" a song is. And it's true that any song Gaga released after TFM would have been huge due to the amount of hype she had going into the era. It also might have been beneficial to her career long term if she chose something more GP friendly and less "gay". But thats one of the reasons why BTW is so great.

Lets get something straight, Gaga released Born This Way at the height of her music career. She used her imperial phase to scream to the public that its okay to be LGBT. Just 3 years prior, California, one of the gayest states in the USA, voted to ban gay marriage. People want to act like Gaga was just bandwagon onto Gay Rights for popularity, but no, it was not some amazing time to be LGBT when she released BTW in 2011. There was still alot of rampant homophobia in our culture(and there still is sadly).

Who cares about its recurrent stats(and they're really not bad, especially when compared to other 2011 hits), it was a song about loving yourself no matter what. Gaga put her neck on the line for the gay community, its great song, and a pride class. So spare us with an attempt to try and invalidate it as front loaded and not great.

Welcome to Popa911!

Andrew used to follow Godga since forever cause I remember checking it years ago.

Anyway…good news that she is working with new blood, hopefully some exciting ideas come into fruition.

A rock album with avanguard elements cummin?

BTW 2.0 here we cummmm!!!

• paws up 1

On 6/7/2023 at 9:39 PM, Andreu said:

I know at this point we'll take anything, but about the collab with Watt..

we all saw how the song with Max Martin went :icant:

Not the same scenario though (hopefully)

Max Martin just contributed some tiny things to SL when the song was already finished (I guess not even him could save that Bloodpoop turd)

Assuming she is now in the early stage of creating the album, Andrew might be a main producer!

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,677
On 6/7/2023 at 11:56 PM, OliverDespechao said:

FyDSMGOWwAI-VSn?format=jpg&name=large

“I started HausLabs…. Etc.”
via Instagram 

352.jpeg

Chromatica Oreos teas

She has been giving NOTHING to haus labs lately + that interview saying she wants the brand to sell on its own because of her products without her face attached to it... hopefully it's because she's more focused on other things

A Popster Is Born 14,638
On 6/7/2023 at 7:03 PM, ClownOreos said:

Chromatica Oreos teas

She has been giving NOTHING to haus labs lately + that interview saying she wants the brand to sell on its own because of her products without her face attached to it... hopefully it's because she's more focused on other things

Other things= staying in bed and buying Starbucks 

• lol 4