Video game soundtracks that have marked you

Ms Arid Lost

We all know that music and the sound design on video games are very important. The other way I found myself searching for songs from different video games that i wanted to share. I also would like to see the music from other video games that have had an impact on YOU.

For me: Silent Hill 1

And of course the main theme, this song has been in my head since I first heard it. It's so amazing.

And Pokémon. Every song from battle soundtracks to the songs from different cities are amazing and I bet I could recognize every single one of them. I get so nostalgic and relaxed when I hear a compilation of relaxing songs from Pokémon.

Honorable mention: 

What are those songs/soundtracks from video games that have marked you?

• paws up 1

Kindness Admin 6,892

No video game soundtrack grabbed me as much as Super Mario Galaxy. I thought the music was just as gorgeous as the game, and it’s one of my favorite games of all time, definitely my favorite Nintendo game. 

Only video game soundtrack I’ve ever purchased. 

• paws up 2

Kindness Admin 6,892
4 hours ago, HitTheBoat said:

Omg I LOVE this. Makes me want to play it. I always thought since I play Animal Crossing I didn't really need it in my life. What do you think?

• paws up 1

30 minutes ago, admin said:

Omg I LOVE this. Makes me want to play it. I always thought since I play Animal Crossing I didn't really need it in my life. What do you think?

If you like Animal Crossing, I think you're gonna love (or at least enjoy) SV! It's so relaxing and just like AC you can play it at your own pace. But it depends on your tastes and preferences

Some features that makes SV "different" than AC New Horizons:

• More focused on farming, raising chickens, items, etc
  • SV has more of a focus on establishing deeper friendships/relationships with the townsfolk
    • It's gay friendly btw, you can date and marry a guy
  • It has a dungeon and combat system
    • It's not 100% required, but it's fun imo. And it's also not stressful at all
  • Pixel art style (some people don't like it)
  • It's not set to the world clock (like AC), so you can sometimes rush through days like nothing
  • Fewer customization options (you don't have as many furniture options and you can't terraform), but you can still plan the layout of your farm and make it look pretty
  • Doesn't get as many updates as AC: the developer still tries to update it once a year, but it definitely doesn't compare to AC's almost quarterly updates at this point

Let me know if you end up testing it!

• thanks 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
8 hours ago, HitTheBoat said:
  • It's gay friendly btw, you can date and marry a guy
  • It has a dungeon and combat system
    • It's not 100% required, but it's fun imo. And it's also not stressful at all

This is very alluring!

• 2 weeks later...

The Legend Of Zelda series as a whole, 

But specifically Breath Of The Wild. 

It's usually very minimal, sometimes it doesn't even have music, just the sounds of nature playing as you run through the forest. Or the crashing of waves while you walk past the ocean. It's beautifully relaxing and fits the game perfectly. 

Edited by ChromaticRaccoon