Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 26,721
1 minute ago, beng said:

I don't really care which tracks become singles at this point anymore because Chromatica doesn't really have a song that's smash material. There are a couple of tracks that could be minor hits. The song with the most potential already went #1 so I'll just take whatever is fed. 

This 

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
1 minute ago, DeanClownchester said:

anyways, 911 was a fucking masterpiece, im obsessed with it and she hasnt served enigmatic MV since i dont even recall when and that's that on that

It's been a long time tbh. The only comparable video before 911 was probably Applause for me.

Popster to Popster 4,971
Just now, Miaou said:

Alice is the best single possible with Sour Candy 

And I heard 911 too on RFM and it was really really weird 

Well you don't really like the song right? so you're biased 😅

I agree with @bengwhen he said no song would make a smash and I'm fine as long as we get great visuals

Just now, beng said:

It's been a long time tbh. The only comparable video before 911 was probably Applause for me.

Yes but 911 has this atmosphere to it that really just reminds me of TF/M eras and I have my full faith back with fad. I had too many words of praise to say but @admin really had to transition to the new site during the premiere and i had to stalk faddaily and ratrl. mess

giphy.gif

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812

The moment you hear songs like Shallow, TEOG, BR etc., you know they are sure-fire hits. Nothing sounds like that on Chromatica. ROM went #1 solely based on release strategy on debut week, let's be honest.

A Popster Is Born 10,029

I don't get why Interscope ain't treating Chromatica the same way as they treated When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?

push singles as streaming singles and not traditional ones like back in the day, we don't care about peaks anymore, Stupid Love went #5 and ROM went #1... give us the streams

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, beng said:

The moment you hear songs like Shallow, TEOG, BR etc., you know they are sure-fire hits. Nothing sounds like that on Chromatica. ROM went #1 solely based on release strategy on debut week, let's be honest.

couldn't agree more, hence why it spent one week at #1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,721
3 minutes ago, Lazz Monster said:

Well you don't really like the song right? so you're biased 😅

I agree with @bengwhen he said no song would make a smash and I'm fine as long as we get great visuals

Yeah the song is just okay for me (not good not bad tho) but the MV is pure genius. It is one of her best ever

and I agree with @beng too 

Pop-a-911-ster 27,919
6 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

the way my top 5 ass is now back to zero with this cultural reset

anyways, 911 was a fucking masterpiece, im obsessed with it and she hasnt served enigmatic MV since i dont even recall when and that's that on that

giphy.gif

Ikr so unfair that we lost our points

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,721
2 minutes ago, beng said:

Don’t agree with ROM. This song sounds like a smash the same as BR/PF/Paparazzi etc

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
1 minute ago, DeanClownchester said:

Yes but 911 has this atmosphere to it that really just reminds me of TF/M eras and I have my full faith back with fad. I had too many words of praise to say but @admin really had to transition to the new site during the premiere and i had to stalk faddaily and ratrl. mess

giphy.gif

I felt exactly the same way. Applause is kinda comparable but also not quite there. There's just some X factor in 911, being avant garde yet enjoyable at the same time. Multiple layers of subtexts for difference audiences. Like people who don't think too much will enjoy it being a dream. People who can see the parallelism between the dream and reality will enjoy picking them out. People who know art will understand the references. It's just so, so clever. Props to the director too.

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
1 minute ago, Miaou said:

Don’t agree with ROM. This song sounds like a smash the same as BR/PF/Paparazzi etc

For me, it's just a bit too generic. I felt a certain spark the first time I heard those other songs I mentioned.

Pop-a-911-ster 27,919
4 minutes ago, beng said:

Rom sounds like smash come on now! Of course the strategy and the collab brought it to #1 but it does sound like a hit

1 minute ago, beng said:

I felt exactly the same way. Applause is kinda comparable but also not quite there. There's just some X factor in 911, being avant garde yet enjoyable at the same time. Multiple layers of subtexts for difference audiences. Like people who don't think too much will enjoy it being a dream. People who can see the parallelism between the dream and reality will enjoy picking them out. People who know art will understand the references. It's just so, so clever. Props to the director too.

The color palette is so clean and very beautifully done. I was so confused at first if she is referencing the middle east but one thing is for sure--it felt like a mixture of the Abrahamic faiths. Finding out it was Armenian inspired makes so much sense since it's smack dab in the middle of Eurasia and has all that elements together. It really felt surreal like you're lost but at the same time you know there's meaning to it once you have all the pieces, and the more you rewatch it, the more layers and details you see. Everything was just beautiful--her looks and her expression really sold it to me. Easily her best MV in years.

giphy.gif

• yaas, gaga 1

• admin changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)
  • admin featured this topic
  • admin locked this topic
  • admin unlocked this topic
  • Twitter unpinned and unfeatured this topic