Ariana Grande's POSITIONS is out now, DISCUSS

TINDER

ARTPOPster 1,331

so Ari's  new album is out now!

What's your Top 3, mine: 

1)Motive

2) POV

3)Off the Table!

I like the album, its chill RnB! Definitely better than all the lashings it got on Twitter by stans.

Stream!

Discuss hunnies!

Spoiler

Still, TUN> Positions

Edited by TINDER

• TINDER changed the title to Ariana Grande's POSITIONS is out now, DISCUSS
The Popster 162

My thoughts:

- Pretty samey, forgetting a lot of songs like shut up, nasty and west side even after just one listen. A lot of them are underwhelming to be completely fair.
- I'm guessing by some of the lyrics she talks about lockdown and the pandemic, but I feel she doesn't do it as strong as someone like Charli XCX's "how i'm feeling now"
- A lot of the magic is hidden in specific songs: the collabs are all great! I do not understand why motive or safety net wasn't the lead single like god damn they are sooooo good. And shout outs to the unexpected disco funk, love language. Best solo track on the album. The collab with The Weeknd is just so nice, a lot of time to shine.
- positions is one of the best songs on the album and I found it underwhelming on first listen, but better after a few listens. Wonder if the other songs I didn't like will grow on me.
- Even when I like R&B this felt just a tad underwhelming.
Favorite Tracks: motive, just like magic, off the table, safety net, love language, positions
Least Favorite Tracks: shut up, 34+35, six thirty, nasty, west side, obvious

If I had to give a score, probably a 6 at least and 7 at most.

• paws up 1

Kindness Admin 6,892

I JUST finished and I really liked the second half a lot more than the first half. Going to listen again as I fall asleep. Positions is also really growing on me within the whole album.

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 401

I'm sad I dislike the album as much as I do but the whole album was like reading a stranger's unsexy sexts :(  

Likewise, I am really surprised she & SB haven't done anything clever for the album roll out. At least, nothing that has cut through to my little bubble. Oh well.

Moderator 6,288

Highlights for me:

shut up

motive

just like magic

off the table

safety net

my hair

love language

Meh: 

34 +35

nasty

west side

pov

Positions

WTF was that:

34 + 35

six thirty

Edited by SLAG

Kindness Admin 6,892
14 minutes ago, SLAG said:

Meh: 

34 +35

WTF was that:

34 + 35

The double attack, lol. The album is growing on me quickly. Tomorrow I'll post a list like this.

• lol 1