Favorite Holiday/Christmas Song?

SLAG

Moderator 6,288

63-631940_holiday-lights-png-transpa-ima

So the holidays are here so I think it's about time we get on with some festive posts. I'd like to know what are some of your favorite holiday/Christmas songs.

This is my absolute favorite:

What are some of yours?

e5e88b8a304ddf9c59ef70f42ebd4af5.gif

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popstanne 5,076

My favorite secular Christmas song is "Feliz Navidad":

Spoiler

My favorite religious Christmas song is "O Holy Night": 

Spoiler

My favorite pop Christmas songs are "All I Want for Christmas Is You" and "Do They Know It's Christmas?" 

For Hanukkah, I love all versions of the "Hanukkah Song":

Spoiler

Edited by Franch Toast
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

Hmm I really tend to like a lot of religious songs like Silent Night, O Holy Night, We Three Kings, and The First Noel.
And Boh predvichnyi narodyvsia, which is a Ukrainian song, is very nostalgic for me

Of the non-religious songs, I like Little Saint Nick, We Need a Little Christmas, Mele Kalikimaka, Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, Feliz Navidad, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, and Christmas Canon. Edit: almost forgot The Ronettes's Sleigh Bells :bradley:

Plus The Nutcracker Suite :bradley:

Spoiler

and the one I HATE is Twelve Days of Christmas

Edited by GitHub
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,889

I love these posts and I am ABOUT to make many festive posts :ally:

I have TOO many favorites, so I thought I'd share a new favorite, old favorite, and then one random

My new favorite:

This is such a fun one. I love Phoenix, I love Jason Schwartzman and watching "A Very Murray Christmas" has become a Christmas Eve tradition in my life.

Old favorite:

So festive and CHEERFUL.

And another favorite: which TRULY feels like such a TIMELESS christmas song that somehow never feels "old" I will always feel festive when I hear this song.

Edited by lavenderblondee
  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 2

3 minutes ago, lavenderblondee said:

I love these posts and I am ABOUT to make many festive posts :ally:

I have TOO many favorites, so I thought I'd share a new favorite, old favorite, and then one random

My new favorite:

This is such a fun one. I love Phoenix, I love Jason Schwartzman and watching "A Very Murray Christmas" has become a Christmas Eve tradition in my life.

Old favorite:

So festive and CHEERFUL.

And another favorite: which TRULY feels like such a TIMELESS christmas song that somehow never feels "old" I will always feel festive when I hear this song.

C'mon, Mariah!!

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

But Rocking Around and Last Christmas are indeed timeless/classics, I absolutely love how both songs always sound good in any kind of cover :oscar:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,889
4 minutes ago, Elvira said:

C'mon, Mariah!!

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

But Rocking Around and Last Christmas are indeed timeless/classics, I absolutely love how both songs always sound good in any kind of cover :oscar:

Truly, All I Want For Christmas Is You is one of THE most iconic  christmas songs :oscar:

My dad was VERY big into christmas music and even HE knew that he NEEDED to play the song frequently when I was a kid :ally:

I wanted to switch it up a bit :happydance:

Edited by lavenderblondee
  • paws up 1

4 minutes ago, lavenderblondee said:

Truly, All I Want For Christmas Is You is one of THE most iconic  christmas songs :oscar:

My dad was VERY big into christmas music and even HE knew that he NEEDED to play the song frequently when I was a kid :ally:

I wanted to switch it up a bit :happydance:

That's so sweet! Glad your dad made you the new Mariah Festive Carey of our generation, we need that :oscar:

• yaas, gaga 1