Fiona Apple Calls Out Grammys' Hypocrisy Over How the Award Treats Women & Dr. Luke Nomination

Elvira

In a new interview with The Guardian, Fiona Apple highlighted the hypocrisy she sees in the Grammys, especially when it comes to the way the awards show treats women as before they have invited Kesha to sing "Praying", a song about her experiences of abuse by Dr. Puke, and then nominate him this year under a pseudonym. :mess:

Apple also said "what would I do If I won? My vision was that I would just get up there with a sledgehammer and I wouldn’t say anything, I would take the Grammy and smash it into enough pieces to share and I would invite all the ladies up". :lesson: LEGENDT.

spacer.png

spacer.png

GET 'EM, FIONA! :crowned:

Edited by Elvira
  • paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,319
3 minutes ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

The sledgehammer scene NEEDS to happen.

It’s a great plan 

Too bad she said it publicly 

Now it will never happen

:ally:
don’t famous people know to keep their plans a secret until they’ve actually executed them :tea:

Edited by blastertoyo
  • sad 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

4 minutes ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

The sledgehammer scene NEEDS to happen.

Just now, crazybadbich97 said:

I would love for people to just not go to the grammy anymore ...Cause they are racist, sexist, homophobic and stuff... I am not gonna watcht the grammys

FACTS!

• yaas, gaga 1

RIP Angel 1,992
6 hours ago, Elvira said:

what would I do If I won? My vision was that I would just get up there with a sledgehammer and I wouldn’t say anything, I would take the Grammy and smash it into enough pieces to share and I would invite all the ladies up

I wanna see this.

• paws up 1

RIP Angel 1,992
5 hours ago, blastertoyo said:

It’s a great plan 

Too bad she said it publicly 

Now it will never happen

:ally:
don’t famous people know to keep their plans a secret until they’ve actually executed them :tea:

I don't think she could do it even if she wins. I don't think the category her album was nominated for will be a part of the main ceremony.