What Are You Studying in College?

Hejira

The Fame Popster 305

Hi guys, I’m currently a senior in high school. I am thinking of majoring in either Music Business or Management and minoring in Art History or International Studies.  

I’ve heard so many stories of people being in completely different industries in comparison to the jobs they do now. I know an emo rapper that has a degree in astrophysics and a lot of fashion designers have degrees in political science and architecture. 

What are you currently studying and what hopes do you have in the future? :classic_rolleyes:

• paws up 2

The Fame Popster 318

i couldn't afford college but i was studying graphic design

in hopes of creating my own video game

(i'm still doing that, and i'm learning how to compose and program informally as well for that)

• paws up 4

Popster to Popster 3,752

I did study biostatistics and I work in research. 
Now I'm taking writing classes because I learned I hate statistics, but I won't earn a degree for it. So I guess I will do statistics forever :classic_mellow:

The Fame Popster 305
2 minutes ago, GitHub said:

I did study biostatistics and I work in research. 
Now I'm taking writing classes because I learned I hate statistics, but I won't earn a degree for it. So I guess I will do statistics forever :classic_mellow:

That’s not necessarily true. Following your true passion goes a long way. There are so many people that have found ways to use their experience to find rewarding opportunities. It might be hard to do that now because of COVID-19, however there might be eventually. It’s all a matter of patience and perseverance.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,331

I'm studying Agriculture Hons. And plans to do my master's next year in plant pathology. I'mma University student!! :pillow:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752
1 minute ago, Hejira said:

That’s not necessarily true. Following your true passion goes a long way. There are so many people that have found ways to use their experience to find rewarding opportunities. It might be hard to do that now because of COVID-19, however there might be eventually. It’s all a matter of patience and perseverance.

On the plus side, I will say there is something to be said for not turning things that I really love doing into work because realistically I'd probably hate any job . It's different for everyone, though. You just have to find a balance.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,583

I graduated in 2014 but I majored in computer science with minors in english lit and french, and I'm a software engineer now.  I kinda wish I could just take classes in random stuff these days but it's way too expensive 😭

Popster to Popster 3,752
1 minute ago, NotDoctor said:

I graduated in 2014 but I majored in computer science with minors in english lit and french, and I'm a software engineer now.  I kinda wish I could just take classes in random stuff these days but it's way too expensive 😭

Work for a university. You'll hate your life, but classes are free :bradley:
(at least they are where I live)

• paws up 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
47 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Graduated with political science degree and now working for a campaign for an awesome newly elected progressive congresswoman in my city!

Omg that's amazing, who is it (if you want to say). I was canvassing for AOC this past week and it felt so good (even if I registered a Republican first time voter, oops).

OT: I studied comp sci and theatre and now work in comp sci. Def study what you love, even if that's not the only thing you focus on.

The Fame Popster 305
26 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Same. There’s a great fashion school near me that would teach me a lot about making textiles and design but it costs quadruple what my parent has in the bank. :classic_angry:

The Fame Popster 264
18 minutes ago, admin said:

Omg that's amazing, who is it (if you want to say). I was canvassing for AOC this past week and it felt so good (even if I registered a Republican first time voter, oops).

OT: I studied comp sci and theatre and now work in comp sci. Def study what you love, even if that's not the only thing you focus on.

Cori Bush!!! She's awesome to work for and is as fierce in person as she is on camera.

• paws up 1