Is it just me or ...

Lorde Von Kok

Gaming Leader 8,440

... Gaga was the only artist to perform with a mask? 

lady-gaga-mask-1200.jpg

From all the performances (which was very few compared to previous years) that we had during the pandemic, I can only recall Lady Gaga's VMAs where everybody was wearing a mask, including the artist. I keep seeing these performances where only back-up dancers and back-up singers are wearing it, yet, I feel like the point is to make it a focus. She even wore them to accept her awards, and made it fashionable. I'm lowkey disappointed in other artists that didn't do the same, or didn't even cared.

What do you guys think? 

GettyImages-1287136114.jpg amas-best-moments-getty-1280.jpg GettyImages-1269764273.jpg cma-awards-2020-no-masks.png?w=620&h=420&crop=1 GettyImages-1272897878.jpg?resize=1800,1200&w=1800 doja_2020.jpg

Edited by Lorde Von Kok
  • paws up 4

wearing masks is a kindness act to those around you, so of course gaga wore one.

even though the dancers and gaga herself obviously got covid tested previously, i think its pretty great how they're all wearing masks, like they're encouraging others to do the same.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2

Gaming Leader 8,440
1 minute ago, paradox said:

Ariana was standing right next to ha :ohhh:

With a mask :ohhh: and I don't think Ariana is the problematic type concerning COVID-19, but I see your point.

1 minute ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

With a mask :ohhh: and I don't think Ariana is the problematic type concerning COVID-19, but I see your point.

No I meant Gaga wasn't the only artist to perform with a mask, Ariana did too, technically :katy:

• lol 2

Gaming Leader 8,440
Just now, paradox said:

No I meant Gaga wasn't the only artist to perform with a mask, Ariana did too, technically :katy:

Sorry, you're right :icant: In my mind, I included her talking about Gaga's VMAs since it was her only performance. Mess!

• paws up 1

Gaming Leader 8,440
Just now, paradox said:

"but I see your point" :icant:

I was about to say that indeed, if there is physical touch and proximity, it's kinda whatever wearing a mask, but anyway. :icant: 

Popster to Popster 4,583

I still love so much that she took time out of her speeches to implore people to help protect one another.  Seems like it didn't work but I'm glad she tried

spacer.png

• yaas, gaga 2

RIP Angel 1,992
4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

What?? Who criticised it, the media loved it and it was the headline of the night 

People accused her of using a mask just so she could "lip-sync" and were saying the mask hindered her from singing well. There was a whole debate around the mask whether it had a bult in mic on or not. Seriously, people were talking about her not singing live,  meanwhile, the other artists who performed that night (besides The Weeknd) were actually the ones that lipsynced.

Edited by Daylight Oreos
  • paws up 2
  • shook 2

Popster to Popster 4,583
1 minute ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

The Black Person ... RACE?!?! moment is living in my mind rent free.

I want them to have a talk show together or something.  I need more content, honey!

That stream was fantastic, especially the smash stuff

• thanks 1

Gaming Leader 8,440
5 minutes ago, Daylight Oreos said:

People accused her of using a mask just so she could "lip-sync" and were saying the mask hindered her from singing well. There was a whole debate around the mask whether it had a bult in mic on or not. Seriously, people were talking about her not singing live,  meanwhile, the other artists who performed that night (besides The Weeknd) were actually the ones that lipsynced.

People really tried it. 

A Popster Is Born 13,643

Let's not forget that the performance mask had a huge hole in order to allow her to sing live 

?w=1600&i=1598846916409.jpg

But, yeah, it's clear that here the important thing was the projected image, as it's clear that they all had their tests done for sure :oscar:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

I do think it's nice that Gaga chose to portray that image.

Spoiler

some of the masks she was wearing wouldn't be very effective in real life though if we're being honest :billie:

• lol 1

As a few have already said, although some of them probably wouldn’t be effective, it still was an important, kind and smart move of awareness for the pandemic situation at the moment. Who knows how many selfish people, specially gays that are basically the biggest part of her fanbase, changed their minds and started using it after that? So that’s that! You go, Gaga!

santa claus christmas GIF

• yaas, gaga 2