Dua Lipa: The Thread

Dirkje

She had me interested with Be The One, New Rules and IDGAF but Kiss And Make Up and Homesick shooketh me to the core. Then Don't Start Now and Physical came out and I was sold!

That bish did serve continuously throughout 2020

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,850
49 minutes ago, NFRockwell said:

For some reason FN kinda got tired for me :cupcake: but I think she’s a great artist and all of her recent non FN singles are great.

I agree. Loved the album at the beginning but it got old super fast.

• admin changed the title to Dua Lipa: The Thread
  • 3 months later...

If I'm being honest, I hated her debut album. It sounded radio engineered to me, but she step up her game significantly for Future Nostalgia and the whole album was a bop. I got sick of it because i was listening to it so much, but I still enjoy BMH, DSN, and Levitating. Unpopular opinion but Hallucinate is the worst track on the album, and BMH is the best

• paws up 1

Moderator 4,653
27 minutes ago, thetea said:

If I'm being honest, I hated her debut album. It sounded radio engineered to me, but she step up her game significantly for Future Nostalgia and the whole album was a bop. I got sick of it because i was listening to it so much, but I still enjoy BMH, DSN, and Levitating. Unpopular opinion but Hallucinate is the worst track on the album, and BMH is the best

FN is definitely better than her debut. The only reason I used to be obsessed with her debut is because New Rules made me stan her. But this is how its supposed to be imo. Its a good thing when your next album is better than your first as its progress!

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,760

Love Dua Lipa, and FUTURE NOSTALGIA IS EVERYTHING! 

• yaas, gaga 2

• 2 months later...
The Fame Popster 382
On 1/18/2021 at 2:26 PM, thetea said:

I agree. FN was amazing and IMO deserved album of the year. Physical, Levitating, Hallucinate, and Love Again were amazing. Her debut was okay but I agree with what you said. 

• yaas, gaga 1

• 2 months later...
ARTPOPster 2,173

Omg I swear if she makes a music video for Pretty Please I’m gonna pass away. Love Again is such a celebratory ending song though, so I don’t know :crowned:

WAIT- That Kind Of Woman ALWAYS gave me ending of a movie/credit roll kind of vibes, it would be sweet if that became the last single to tie it all off :oscar:

• yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 4,653
1 hour ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Omg I swear if she makes a music video for Pretty Please I’m gonna pass away. Love Again is such a celebratory ending song though, so I don’t know :crowned:

WAIT- That Kind Of Woman ALWAYS gave me ending of a movie/credit roll kind of vibes, it would be sweet if that became the last single to tie it all off :oscar:

Love Again has been one of my fave songs since FN got released. LA is a bop and I can see it doing well. 
I dont see PP getting released tbh. It would have been a perfect promo single, but promo singles are useless rn. 

Anyways, we will get a brandnew song today. If its midnight in your timezone, go ahead and listen:

• yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 2,173

Well THAT was different! I actually thought it was cool! The choreo’s easy to do and still fun, the special effects are probably some of the best she’s done yet for the era, I approve :crowned: