All things : New iPad and iPad Pro released

BenG

Kindness Admin 6,892
53 minutes ago, BenG said:

iOS 14.5 will be released later today.

Updates include:

• Unlock your iPhone even with a face covering, if you have an Apple Watch
  • Apple Fitness+ gains AirPlay 2 support
  • App Tracking Transparency goes live, users can now stop apps from tracking their activities

I think the Apple Watch option is genuinely surprising since it's such a compromise of security. That said, I'll absolutely be turning it on for as long as masks remain.

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
20 minutes ago, admin said:

I think the Apple Watch option is genuinely surprising since it's such a compromise of security. That said, I'll absolutely be turning it on for as long as masks remain.

It's no different from unlocking your Mac with an Apple Watch though. It's also just an option so you can choose not to use it. 

Kindness Admin 6,892
36 minutes ago, BenG said:

It's no different from unlocking your Mac with an Apple Watch though. It's also just an option so you can choose not to use it. 

Yeah, it's good it's an option, that makes it understandable. I suppose it is pretty similar to a Mac, but I have my phone anywhere and anyone that just grabs it can instantly unlock it which is a little scary and then run away. But they're served once it re-locks for sure. Good point.

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
1 hour ago, admin said:

Yeah, it's good it's an option, that makes it understandable. I suppose it is pretty similar to a Mac, but I have my phone anywhere and anyone that just grabs it can instantly unlock it which is a little scary and then run away. But they're served once it re-locks for sure. Good point.

Apparently there's a "Lock iPhone" button that pops up on your watch when the iPhone unlocks!

• yaas, gaga 1

• BenG changed the title to All things : iOS 14.5 out now!
Pop-a-911-ster 38,812

iOS/iPadOS 14.5 has just been released. It might take some time before your device detects a new update available.

Time to ban all those tracking!

• yaas, gaga 3

• BenG changed the title to All things : iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS updates
Pop-a-911-ster 38,812

Other minor updates:

• Siri gains more voice options :mess:
  • More emojis :mess:
  • Dual SIM 5G connectivity :bunny:
  • Report traffic conditions (e.g. accidents, speed checks) to Apple Maps :ohhh:

Popster to Popster 4,583
4 hours ago, BenG said:

iOS 14.5 will be released later today.

Updates include:

• Unlock your iPhone even with a face covering, if you have an Apple Watch
  • Apple Fitness+ gains AirPlay 2 support
  • App Tracking Transparency goes live, users can now stop apps from tracking their activities

Android's Smart Lock with trusted bluetooth devices is one of the last things that I desperately missed so I'm very excited for this as an Apple Watch owner

• yaas, gaga 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • BenG changed the title to All things : New Apple Music feature imminent
Pop-a-911-ster 38,812

Apple has teased the launch of a new feature in Apple Music. The teaser can be seen in the Browse tab of the Music app.

Rumour has it Apple Music will be launching Hi-Fi/lossless and/or spatial audio streaming as soon as Tuesday. The new feature will likely be available to all subscribers at no extra cost. Stay tuned.

Edited by BenG
  • yaas, gaga 1

• BenG changed the title to All things : Apple Music Hi-Fi launch imminent
Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
1 minute ago, 0707alp said:

Guys I want to get an Apple Watch, should I buy the 6th gen or should I wait for the new one?

The new one will likely be announced in September and ship in October (shipping might be different based on country).

Since you’re planning to buy the Series 6, I’m assuming price is not a big issue. If you can find one at a slightly lower price than at Apple, I’d say go for it. The new generation will likely be very similar with more health tracking capabilities. The Series 4 to 6 have very little difference other than always-on display and blood oxygen level.  

ARTPOPster 1,340
31 minutes ago, BenG said:

The new one will likely be announced in September and ship in October (shipping might be different based on country).

Since you’re planning to buy the Series 6, I’m assuming price is not a big issue. If you can find one at a slightly lower price than at Apple, I’d say go for it. The new generation will likely be very similar with more health tracking capabilities. The Series 4 to 6 have very little difference other than always-on display and blood oxygen level.  

Thanks, the guy workin with my mom was saying the new onecould be round and stuff but I dont think apple will change their signature shape and Samsung already makes the round shape... I will probably get the sseries 6 one instead of waiting for months

• BenG changed the title to All things : Lossless Audio, and Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos coming this June
Pop-a-911-ster 38,812

"Apple today announced Apple Music is bringing industry-leading sound quality to subscribers with the addition of Spatial Audio with support for Dolby Atmos. Spatial Audio gives artists the opportunity to create immersive audio experiences for their fans with true multidimensional sound and clarity. Apple Music subscribers will also be able to listen to more than 75 million songs in Lossless Audio — the way the artists created them in the studio. These new features will be available for Apple Music subscribers starting next month at no additional cost."

"To start listening to Lossless Audio, subscribers using the latest version of Apple Music can turn it on in Settings > Music > Audio Quality. Here, they can choose different resolutions for different connections such as cellular, Wi-Fi, or for download. Apple Music’s Lossless tier starts at CD quality, which is 16 bit at 44.1 kHz (kilohertz), and goes up to 24 bit at 48 kHz and is playable natively on Apple devices. For the true audiophile, Apple Music also offers Hi-Resolution Lossless all the way up to 24 bit at 192 kHz.*

* Due to the large file sizes and bandwidth needed for Lossless and Hi-Res Lossless Audio, subscribers will need to opt in to the experience. Hi-Res Lossless also requires external equipment, such as a USB digital-to-analog converter (DAC)."

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021/05/apple-music-announces-spatial-audio-and-lossless-audio/

Edited by BenG
  • paws up 1
  • love 1

• BenG changed the title to All things : Apple Music - Lossless Audio and Spatial Audio coming this June
Pop-a-911-ster 38,812

Apple has also announced Pride Edition Apple Watch bands and Watch faces. Apple releases new Watch bands and faces to celebrate Pride every year. The accessories are at the same price as the normal ones.

Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop ($99) / Pride Edition Nike Sport Loop ($49)

apple_pride2021_watch-series6_braided-solo-loop-pride-edition_05172021_carousel.jpg.large.jpg   apple_pride2021_watch-series6_nike-sport-loop-pride-edition_05172021_carousel.jpg.large.jpg

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021/05/apple-watch-pride-edition-bands-celebrate-the-diverse-lgbtq-movement/

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812

Different levels of Lossless Audio and Hi-Res Lossless Audio is the new 

• Retina display
  • Retina HD Display
  • Liquid Retina HD display
  • Liquid Retina XDR display
  • Super Retina HD display
  • Super Retina XDR display

:icant:

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812

It has been discovered that AirTags can also be used as an NFC for Shortcuts automation, while simultaneously working as an item tracker.

• Open the Shortcuts app, tap on “Automation”, and then “+”
  • Click on “Create Personal Automation”
  • Scroll down until you see “NFC” and select that
  • Scan your NFC tag, aka AirTag, and then name it
  • Now, add actions like “Set Do Not Disturb on until I leave” or “Open Apple Music”
  • Hit “Next” and that’s it

Popster to Popster 4,583
3 hours ago, BenG said:

Apple has also announced Pride Edition Apple Watch bands and Watch faces. Apple releases new Watch bands and faces to celebrate Pride every year. The accessories are at the same price as the normal ones.

Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop ($99) / Pride Edition Nike Sport Loop ($49)

apple_pride2021_watch-series6_braided-solo-loop-pride-edition_05172021_carousel.jpg.large.jpg   apple_pride2021_watch-series6_nike-sport-loop-pride-edition_05172021_carousel.jpg.large.jpg

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021/05/apple-watch-pride-edition-bands-celebrate-the-diverse-lgbtq-movement/

I like the solo loop but I don’t like that they aren’t size adjustable 

• BenG changed the title to All things : New iPad and iPad Pro released