Cringy Elementary School Trends?

ProjectJoanne

ARTPOPster 2,173

Ok so I just remembered 2 things back in fifth grade (2014-2015) that became trends within my class.

1. “Window”

With this one, someone would ask you “1 + 1 = what?” And you’d say Two, but then they’d say “Nope, Window” and I was confused but then they explained that both 1’s are the sides, the + is the cross in between, and then the =‘s is the top and bottom, creating a Window :katy:

300px-Windowequationsteps.png

2. “Gotchya”

Whenever someone walked up to you and said “Hey!” And you replied with “What?” They’d instantly laugh and say “Gotchya” and walk away. Again, I was confused, but then I taught myself to always reply with “Huh?” Instead, and I think that’s solely the reason why I still say Huh? instead of what? till this day :katy:

Edited by ProjectJoanne
  • paws up 2

The Fame Popster 319

Omg so many things, honestly a bit painful to remember lol

people pointing at your shirt and saying “what’s that?” Or “you have a stain” and when you would look down they would drag their finger up to flick your nose. :awkney: That one in particular stands out in my memory.

• paws up 1
  • shook 1
  • lol 2

ARTPOPster 1,672
31 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Ok so I just remembered 2 things back in fifth grade (2014-2015) that became trends within my class.

1. “Window”

With this one, someone would ask you “1 + 1 = what?” And you’d say Two, but then they’d say “Nope, Window” and I was confused but then they explained that both 1’s are the sides, the + is the cross in between, and then the =‘s is the top and bottom, creating a Window :katy:

2. “Gotchya”

Whenever someone walked up to you and said “Hey!” And you replied with “What?” They’d instantly laugh and say “Gotchya” and walk away. Again, I was confused, but then I taught myself to always reply with “Huh?” Instead, and I think that’s solely the reason why I still say Huh? instead of what? till this day :katy:

chile I was 2nd grade in 2014-2015 omg

• yaas, gaga 1

36 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

1. “Window”

Literally this. It was so dumb

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,672
38 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

1. “Window”

2. “Gotchya”

oh i remember 1:
this was in 6th grade. when i/someone says huh and someone replies hatdog/hotdog. that was so cringe.

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,889

The competition of who could own the most of these/showing off which news one you had back in 2004 :mess:

rawImage.jpg

I have a yearbook photo from like 6th grade and I think I have at least 7 on my wrist in it. :mess::icant:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

5 hours ago, ProjectJoanne said:

1. “Window”

Yes this

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 2,450

I went to elementary school in the late 90s/early 2000s, literally everything was super cringe :icant:

The Aeropostale and Paul Frank monkeys were a big one although that was more middle school (I remember wearing it in like 6th grade)

Spoiler

spacer.png

• lol 1

Banned 550

Also there was this stupid thing in second/third grade where someone would call your name loudly, and if you said "what" they'd say you were "stuck with it". Eventually it just devolved into anyone who said the word what was stuck with it

• lol 1