Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 28,141
2 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

Genius Marketing. :billie:

Idk if this is meant to be shady towards my comment (which I am not bothered by, if is)... but... yes, literally. They were the first act that manage to be a masses phenomenon amd this doesnt have to do with them making the best music necessarily.

Pop-a-911-ster 28,141
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Bad Romance was groundbreaking. I’m sure we all agree. 

I’d argue no song since then has even sounded anything like it and I don’t think anyone has ever had a successful attempt at creating something similar 

that does not change its groundbreaking status - just because no one has followed in its path or had other people copy it does not mean it wasn’t groundbreaking 

end of. 

:cm:

The way you like to quote the two words of my post thay fits your narrative :elmo:

reading is fundamental :elmo:

Moderator 3,690

Regarding Beatles and marketing, the Beatles probably were the first boyband or boygroup. Their fan hysteria and feeding into the fan hysteria is something that NSYNC, 1D and other have tried to replicate in a way. 

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,985
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

Idk if this is meant to be shady towards my comment (which I am not bothered by, if is)... but... yes, literally. They were the first act that manage to be a masses phenomenon amd this doesnt have to do with them making the best music necessarily.

It wasn't, it's precisely because you'd already given an answer to that question so I found it funny

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,985

I actually LOVE how the new generation is so aware that The Beatles where basically 1D back then because I had to deal with a lot of snobby teens that can play three chords on a guitar and think that The Beatles are the pinnacle of music while every current popstar is trash :rip: dark times I swear

Edited by ChromaticaOreos
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,141
1 minute ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

I actually LOVE how the new generation is so aware that The Beatles where basically 1D back then because I had to deal with a lot of snobby teens that can play three chords on a guitar and think that The Beatles are the pinnacle of music while every current popstar is trash :rip: dark times I swear

I have encountered so many people like that as well, as if most of their songs were not super simple from a harmonic pov. Which is not a bad thing ofc and the same can be said about most pop music, but idk why so many people try to pretend like it is :billiecat:

Pop-a-911-ster 38,985
Just now, Andreu said:

I have encountered so many people like that as well, as if most of their songs were not super simple from a harmonic pov. Which is not a bad thing ofc and the same can be said about most pop music, but idk why so many people try to pretend like it is :billiecat:

I use to tell one of them that Nicki Minaj was miles ahead of The Beatles musically and the way they'd get their panties in a twist :icant: They didn't even know if I was being serious or not, neither did I to be fair :icant:

• lol 2

Moderator 3,690
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Folklore wasn’t something that had never been done before itself but it’s concept and whole background was groundbreaking. a country turned pop act that played it safe her whole career recording an album that ditched any sort of rule she had followed before and dropped completely out of the blue? Groundbreaking to me! The hooks, constant visuals, complicated releases were all thrown out the window 

You know I love Taylor, but this doesn't mean that she was breaking new ground overall. I mean it was different from Taylor's usual formula, but it wasn't the first surprise album from a major artists (Beyonce made that popular with 2013 self-titled). 

• paws up 3

Popstanne 5,076

I can't with the Beatles slander here. :awkney:

They definitely were one of the original boy bands, and their early music wasn't groundbreaking, but some of their later stuff, especially written under the influence of hallucinogenic drugs, is pretty fantastic. "A Day in the Life" is such a weird, haunting masterpiece, and "Strawberry Fields Forever" is so brooding and surreal. 

Anyway, congrats to Taylor. She pulled off an impressive feat! :prideheart:

• paws up 7

• Andreu changed the title to Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year
  • Dirkje locked this topic
  • joesuda unlocked this topic