Drag Race Megathread: DR Philippines announced

NotDoctor

Popster to Popster 4,583

Since we're getting 700 versions of Drag Race this year, I wanted to create a hub for discussion on them so we don't have a different thread for each one.

AS6 is coming June 24th to Paramount

Edited by NotDoctor
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popster to Popster 4,583

I really enjoyed UK Season 2 and I really loved both Lawrence and Bimini so much.  I hope we get to see more Bimini soon!

@SLAG what did you think of the end of UK2?

• paws up 1

Gaming Leader 8,440

I think it would be best to hide some things in spoilers, like the winner and stuff.

Spoiler

Personally, I didn't like Lawrence... like at all. She was giving me every ounce of Eureka by her attitude. I was full-on Team Bimini from the get go and seeing her snatch wins the more we advanced, we were certain of a win. Oh well ...

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
20 minutes ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

I think it would be best to hide some things in spoilers, like the winner and stuff.

Reveal hidden contents

Personally, I didn't like Lawrence... like at all. She was giving me every ounce of Eureka by her attitude. I was full-on Team Bimini from the get go and seeing her snatch wins the more we advanced, we were certain of a win. Oh well ...

Just gonna be honest, if someone cares that much and didn't see it in the 5 days since and then comes into a drag race thread, that's kinda their fault 🤷‍♂️

Edited by NotDoctor
  • lol 1

Kindness Admin 6,892

Shocked we didn't have this already. We def have too much drag race, but it is still very fun.

I agree we should keep things in spoilers in the main thread probably.

So maybe:

Congrats to the winner of UK Drag Race S2:

Spoiler

Lawrence Chaney

ru-pauls-drag-race-uk-season-2-episode-1

• yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 6,288
2 hours ago, NotDoctor said:

I really enjoyed UK Season 2 and I really loved both Lawrence and Bimini so much.  I hope we get to see more Bimini soon!

@SLAG what did you think of the end of UK2?

The season was much better than Season 1. I didn’t like Lawrence but I do this she’s super talented and extremely hilarious. Though my preferred didn’t win I think it was still a fair and solid season! Also I teared up when I saw Tia again at the finale. I’m a mess. :bradley:

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,583
1 minute ago, SLAG said:

The season was much better than Season 1. I didn’t like Lawrence but I do this she’s super talented and extremely hilarious. Though my preferred didn’t win I think it was still a fair and solid season! Also I teared up when I saw Tia again at the finale. I’m a mess. :bradley:

I really hope we get to see Tia again, she is too funny to waste!  I think with a better understanding of her shape and how to flatter it, she would be an All Stars powerhouse 

And honestly even as someone who was rooting for Lawrence, I was completely shocked when Bimini didn't win.  She's really incredible.  And Tayce was so much fun too.  Such a great cast 

• thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
20 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I’m still shocked Valentina tanked like that in drag race 

She totally could have won in season 9 if she just played the goddamn song on her iPod the day before :icant:

Wendy Williams Icon GIF by Stevie Loves You

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,583

Stacey and Brooklyn are officially coming back for Canada's Drag Race season 2, but JBC is not.  I'm so excited to see more of both of them!

I wonder if it's really because of scheduling issues or if it's because of the massive, negative reaction the fanbase had to him 

Edited by NotDoctor
  • paws up 1

• NotDoctor changed the title to Drag Race Megathread: Stacey McKenzie and Brooklyn Hytes returning for CDR Season 2
Moderator 6,288
9 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Stacey and Broom are officially coming back for Canada's Drag Race season 2, but JBC is not.  I'm so excited to see more of both of them!

I wonder if it's really because of scheduling issues or if it's because of the massive, negative reaction the fanbase had to him 

I love Stacey and Brooklyn o this is great news. I'm ok with JBC not returning. He was doing way too much. 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,583
16 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

I have so much embarrassment for Downunder I don’t even want to be associated with them...

I hope there's info on what happened some day.  From what I had seen for years, Ru didn't want to personally host DRDU but it kept languishing in dev hell and the production company basically said that it's gotta have Ru or its not happening.  Everything so far looks half assed, so I wonder if there's some truth to it

Deactivated 14,311
3 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

I hope there's info on what happened some day.  From what I had seen for years, Ru didn't want to personally host DRDU but it kept languishing in dev hell and the production company basically said that it's gotta have Ru or its not happening.  Everything so far looks half assed, so I wonder if there's some truth to it

Ru showed up and got a check.

Deactivated 14,311
14 minutes ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

She's not excited about drag race anymore, except when we reach Top 4 or during SOME US seasons.

enough season 5 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race S5

Do you blame her? 

• NotDoctor changed the title to Drag Race Megathread: Bimini Bon Book Author
  • 2 weeks later...
  • NotDoctor changed the title to Drag Race Megathread: DRDU Airs May 1
  • NotDoctor changed the title to Drag Race Megathread: DR Philippines announced