James Charles “Takes Accountability” for being inappropriate towards Minors

blastertoyo

ARTPOPster 1,319

if you don’t want to give him views feel free to watch this recap from Smokey Glow or READYTOGLARE

I don’t get how talking quietly and saying you preyed on minors because you’re “desperate” somehow redeems criminal actions :eyega:

Edited by blastertoyo
  • shook 2

Moderator 6,288
9 minutes ago, Starboy said:

The fact that he has a known history of preying on minors is disgusting. He needs to lose all his sponsorships the same way David Dobrik did. 

Agreed and I find it strange that people keep blaming the guys that are exposing him. It’s like yes, we get these teens are gonna bait him only to expose him, but he’s the moron that keeps taking the bait. You’re using social media and know that many teens use these platforms so as a public figure you should be careful when interacting with anyone. Furthermore how does someone you’re just meeting online tell you they’re 18 and you just believe them without checking out their profile and start having flirtatious interactions?  At 21 are you really only trying to hook up with 18 year olds? I mean to each their own I guess. But from the pics I’ve seen they barely look 18.

“Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable” :mess:

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,319
23 minutes ago, SLAG said:

You’re using social media and know that many teens use these platforms so as a public figure you should be careful when interacting with anyone.

But it makes it all ok cuz he was desperate 

what gets me is he was like well when I got exposed by Tati in ByeSister she only said I was preying on straight guys 

im preying on teenagers now though so that’s a completely different thing I didn’t realize was wrong cuz I didn’t get called out 

:tea:

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,319
12 minutes ago, thetea said:

plssss it's the same generic apology, with a clickbait title and thumbnail. 

Except he somehow manages to lecture his audience about how important it is to speak up about abuse and s/a. I don’t think he realizes that him acknowledging that the victims are victims and his actions are predatory is just him finally catching up to exactly what his issue in the first place was 

also proceeds to explain what it means to take accountability when it’s exactly what everyone else is asking him to do since 2019

I’ve never seen someone dig themselves a hole during an policy video so deep sets themselves up for failure by trying to hold every apology every to the untouchable standard that his apparently was 

The Fame Popster 382
1 hour ago, thetea said:

plssss it's the same generic apology, with a clickbait title and thumbnail. 

Youtube "apologies" are always the same: "Hi guys, this is the hardest video I have ever had to make, I am so sorry for blah blah blah, I promise never to do it again and be a better person, bye and don't forget to subscribe!"

Edited by chailatte
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,672
33 minutes ago, chailatte said:

Youtube "apologies" are always the same: "Hi guys, this is the hardest video I have ever had to make, I am so sorry for blah blah blah, I promise never to do it again and be a better person, bye and don't forget to subscribe!"

ahem ahem tati, jeffree and shane

• lol 1

The Fame Popster 401

The way James painted himself as an eternal victim and absolved himself of sexting minors because he was "desperate" is honestly horrifying. Like everyone who "apologizes" in this codified "learning to be better" manner (see: trigger warnings, manipulative woke talking points, self-loathing), he comes off as extremely manipulative and predatory even before considering his literal CRIMES against children.

I feel so bad for Gen Z and post-Z navigating social media and parasocial relationships. 

Edited by blue