Jump to content

How many languages can you speak?


Daddy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Pop-a-911-ster 28,155
x2

English, Russian, one I’ll probably never reveal on this site and I did German+French throughout school (don’t do it anymore)  :billiecat:

so I guess 3 and a half :billiecat:

  • love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderator 17,318

I can speak 

Gujarati 

Hindi 

English 

Bengali 

Marathi 

A little bit of Sanskrit 

And I’m learning German now 

  • paws up 1
  • shook 3
  • yaas, gaga 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

A Popster Is Born 18,342

I’m fluent in Estonian and English

I studied Russian for around 7-8 years, but I’m not fluent in it.

I studied French for 3 years in high school, and I’m currently taking French courses in Uni, because I want to become fluent. 

I can understand some german

 

  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderator 17,318
Just now, donatellab said:

I’m fluent in Estonian and English

I studied Russian for around 7-8 years, but I’m not fluent in it.

I studied French for 3 years in high school, and I’m currently taking French courses in Uni, because I want to become fluent. 

I can understand some german

 

Queen :bunny:

550994508_IMG_3215(1).JPG.ee85f01ef7c680

  • yaas, gaga 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

greek is my native language, ive been learning english these past 8-9 years and french for the past 5 years.

im fluent in greek and english but im terrible at french<3 i can barely form a sentence but im working on it lmao

  • paws up 2
  • love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderator 17,318
Just now, gagaschickens said:

but im terrible at french<3 i can barely form a sentence but im working on it lmao

I’m pretty much sure @Miaou can help you with that!!

  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderator 17,318
8 minutes ago, donatellab said:

I’m fluent in Estonian and English

I studied Russian for around 7-8 years, but I’m not fluent in it.

I studied French for 3 years in high school, and I’m currently taking French courses in Uni, because I want to become fluent. 

I can understand some german

 

So I have never heard Estonian language in my whole life and after seeing your post I went to YouTube to check out Estonian language 

and OMG it sounds so heavenly!! :love:

  • hugs 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderator 17,318
Just now, gagaschickens said:

oh also idk if this counts, probably doesnt, but im also taking ancient greek in school:rip:not that i can speak in it but i study grammar rules and learn how to translate it

Sure it counts!!

Mughal-E-Azam Bollywood GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites

Popstanne 5,075

Native speaker of English. 

Fluent in Mandarin Chinese. 

Proficient in reading Classical Chinese (which is only a written and not spoken language). 

Basic level of reading Cantonese Chinese, but cannot speak it (yet). 

Intermediate level of Japanese. 

Intermediate level of reading French, but cannot speak, listen, or write anymore. ( I can translate French literary theory into English but can't hold a basic conversation. :icant:

  • yaas, gaga 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderator 17,318
1 minute ago, Franch Toast said:

Native speaker of English. 

Fluent in Mandarin Chinese. 

Proficient in reading Classical Chinese (which is only a written and not spoken language). 

Basic level of reading Cantonese Chinese, but cannot speak it (yet). 

Intermediate level of Japanese. 

Intermediate level of reading French, but cannot speak, listen, or write anymore. ( I can translate French literary theory into English but can't hold a basic conversation. :icant:

Impressive!! 

:prideheart:

  • paws up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Popster to Popster 3,689
27 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

Mostly just English 😅 I was pretty close to fluency with French like 10 years ago but it's stagnated and I've lost a lot of it 

Glad I’m not the only one here with a 1 :billie:

but same for me, just with Spanish 

  • paws up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...