Lady Gaga at Bobby Campbell's birthday party last night

Dirkje

ARTPOPster 1,319
7 hours ago, Bakugo said:

Just wanting to have all the facts before I label someone as problematic. I think that is wise. 

3 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s Bo not Gaga. She has blonde hair that color. It makes no sense to me that Gaga would dress up as a racist caricature for a British-themed party, but I could see Bo deciding to do so as an act for subversion. That  also does not look like Gaga’s hand. Plus, I think Gaga is still a brunette—Why would she put on a blonde wig to dress up as an Asian woman?

1 hour ago, Franch Toast said:

Now I'm confused because I think I see Bo elsewhere (but not dressed as the twin; toward the front of the video). I really hope that's not Gaga, because if it is, well, giant mess incoming. 

What’s even weirder to me is why are there two people dressed presumably as fook yu and fook mi 

Because we can clearly see two people in matching costumes

The other one surely isn’t gaga and appears to be Asian as far as I can see and according to the source where the stories are from, the theme was spice girls, so why in anyone’s mind these ppl chose to show up dressed as not spice girls, Gaga or not, is ????

also @Bakugoi didn’t say to ignore all the facts and label someone problematic. What I said was I found it strange that so many people have said that the blonde person is Gaga and if it isn’t her then she isn’t even in the video everyone is sharing that she apparently appears in. Regardless of if it is Gaga or not, the costumes themselves don’t fit the theme of the party and are still problematic in themselves. I don’t think it’s very appropriate for Bo, even as a Korean (not sure if she’s mixed) woman to be perpetuating harmful Chinese/Asian stereotypes especially if it doesn’t even fit the theme of the party let alone whoever the blonde is.

spacer.png
spacer.png

Popstanne 5,076
1 hour ago, blastertoyo said:

What’s even weirder to me is why are there two people dressed presumably as fook yu and fook mi 

Because we can clearly see two people in matching costumes

The other one surely isn’t gaga and appears to be Asian as far as I can see and according to the source where the stories are from, the theme was spice girls, so why in anyone’s mind these ppl chose to show up dressed as not spice girls, Gaga or not, is ????

also @Bakugoi didn’t say to ignore all the facts and label someone problematic. What I said was I found it strange that so many people have said that the blonde person is Gaga and if it isn’t her then she isn’t even in the video everyone is sharing that she apparently appears in. Regardless of if it is Gaga or not, the costumes themselves don’t fit the theme of the party and are still problematic in themselves. I don’t think it’s very appropriate for Bo, even as a Korean (not sure if she’s mixed) woman to be perpetuating harmful Chinese/Asian stereotypes especially if it doesn’t even fit the theme of the party let alone whoever the blonde is.

spacer.png
spacer.png

I honestly have no idea what to think at this point. I'm just so perplexed. 

• paws up 1

The Popster 20
12 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s Bo not Gaga. She has blonde hair that color. It makes no sense to me that Gaga would dress up as a racist caricature for a British-themed party, but I could see Bo deciding to do so as an act for subversion. That  also does not look like Gaga’s hand. Plus, I think Gaga is still a brunette—Why would she put on a blonde wig to dress up as an Asian woman?

It’s not. Bo is sitting down next to the person who is allegedly Gaga who I say is not Gaga. 

ETA: sorry just read your above post. Should have read the whole thread before I replied :)

Edited by Sloansabbith99

A Popster Is Born 12,092
8 hours ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

Propa Gaga was on GGD confirming everything w their whole chest yet staying silent on how it’s kind of an issue lmfao

As if Propa Gaga was invited to the party :mess: