Halsey -IICHLIWP OUT NOW

Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 27,747

if_i_cant_have_love_i_want_power_album_c

About the album and the cover, she said:

This album is a concept album about the joys and horrors of pregnancy and childbirth. It was very important to me that the cover art conveyed the sentiment of my journey over the past few months. The dichotomy of the Madonna and the Whore. The idea that me as a sexual being and my body as a vessel and gift to my child are two concepts that can co-exist peacefully and powerfully. My body has belonged to the world in many different ways the past few years, and this image is my means of reclaiming my autonomy and establishing my pride and strength as a life force for my human being.

This cover image celebrates pregnant and postpartum bodies as something beautiful, to be admired. We have a long way to go with eradicating the social stigma around bodies & breastfeeding. I hope this can be a step in the right direction!

My fourth album, out August 27, 2021

What we Know So far:

• 13 songs
  • main producers are Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
Edited by Andreu
  • shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 4

Pop-a-911-ster 27,747
On 7/7/2021 at 6:40 PM, Ms I am a local said:

Imo this is her best album cover yet, and Idk about the sound, the only thing I know it'll have a hard rock/industrial vibe probably and that's enough to be excited about this

i hope its not too industrial tbh

99800c30c1bc01ebf9dc3b46f4a240dd.thumb.p

Pop-a-911-ster 27,747

If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power – Love and Power T-Shirt & CD Box Set

chileeee the visuals are gonna be a collapse

maybe a few songs have a joint MV that is like a short film... idk maybe I'm being delulu but these are the vibes im getting

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Community Leader 2,817

i hope the music is good enough for me to look past her, she's always irked me and i legitimately don't have a good reason :bradley:

i love the line about her body being a sexual body and a vessel for her child at the same time

• yaas, gaga 1

On 7/7/2021 at 6:43 PM, Andreu said:

i hope its not too industrial tbh

99800c30c1bc01ebf9dc3b46f4a240dd.thumb.p

I mean, Halsey is still a "pop" artist, I'm sure she'll find a balance of the "pop rock" sound that's trendy now and the industrial influence. I think a good example of this could be Nightmare.

• paws up 2

Moderator 3,690

I like the cover - the recreation of the painting, the bold look. I hope the album is good, but it is hard to say or predict anything without having heard a single track. Also not @Andreu using the clean version of the cover :enigma:

Pop-a-911-ster 27,747
On 7/7/2021 at 8:26 PM, joesuda said:

I like the cover - the recreation of the painting, the bold look. I hope the album is good, but it is hard to say or predict anything without having heard a single track. Also not @Andreu using the clean version of the cover :enigma:

Nnnn I didnt notice, I copied it from her website and posted it here. A kii that she used the censored versiom these tho

Popster to Popster 3,689

Spotify is also selling these exclusive cassettes (didn't know these were still a thing??), but unfortunately it is ship to US only :bradley:

05.SpotifyExclusiveCassette_US_DE_UK_CAonly_1024x1024.png?v=1625663308

• shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,747
On 7/13/2021 at 12:50 PM, Delusional said:

Will she get struck by the 4th album curse?

I don't think so, partly because she's not big enough for the GP to be tired of her. It mostly affects artists who have been massively successful since their debut (like for example AH was The Weeknds 4th album and the GP wasnt precisely tired of him). As much as we love halsey the song of her the majority of the population will recognise can be counted with the fingers of one hand, and I doubt they all know are sung by her (closer, eastside specially).

• paws up 4

• Andreu changed the title to Halsey -IICHLIWP OUT NOW