Billie basically admits she flopping

blastertoyo

ARTPOPster 1,319

after fans were mass canceling their album preorders and vinyl orders because they don’t like her recent behavior and NDA, this honestly seems like a weak response 

Deactivated 14,311

She has joined the likes of “greats” like Alanis who’s second album flopped after their great successful album…

ARTPOPster 1,319
On 7/12/2021 at 2:36 AM, Bakugo said:

She has joined the likes of “greats” like Alanis who’s second album flopped after their great successful album…

I guess it comes with the territory, at least in your example, for when you’re more alt but you become pop because you become so popular that you kind of lose your edge

with Billie though, her whole thing of releasing the first few singles from the album that sound different from her original sound and then drastically switching up her look, just to release basically the same music but worse, is what’s really turning me off personally, as well as the recent news of her antics and insensitive behavior.

Deactivated 14,311
On 7/12/2021 at 8:52 PM, blastertoyo said:

I guess it comes with the territory, at least in your example, for when you’re more alt but you become pop because you become so popular that you kind of lose your edge

with Billie though, her whole thing of releasing the first few singles from the album that sound different from her original sound and then drastically switching up her look, just to release basically the same music but worse, is what’s really turning me off personally, as well as the recent news of her antics and insensitive behavior.

That last bit- especially the highly insensitive and outright disgusting mocking “asian voice”. 

The Fame Popster 382

Honestly she is kinda flopping, compared to her earlier work. Even before she got cancelled, songs like My Future and Your Power dropped off the charts quickly. Therefore I am has been her only "big" hit in the past year or so. And now that she's getting cancelled, it's getting worse.

Gaming Leader 8,440

I mean, it's not as fresh as her debut was. She's using the same beats and same idea that made her popular thinking it would do the same, but it's already fading. She might have to re-invent even if she just started. 

NDA is the only great song (yes) in my opinion in all five singles. I believe gems are hidden in this album, but if everything sounds like Lost Cause, she just might be a Lost Cause herself sheesh. 

I don't even think it's part of cancel culture. It's on music level.

ARTPOPster 1,279

The fact that her fans are saying she doesn't care about it... Girl, she literally made a video "mocking" this, she DEFINITELY cares about it, she just pretends she doesn't. Her new songs after "everything i wanted" are just bad, I'm sorry, and although "My Future" and "Therefore" might've been top 10, no one really cares about them as people did with "bad guy" and others from her previous album. So yeah. She's not flopping FLOPPING but just the fact that she's trying to make fun of this shows she does cares, I'm sorry.

spacer.png

And I didn't even know about this accent mess, where was this in the news wtf? That was disgusting and I wasn't expecting that from her.

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,476

I don't like most of Billie's music or singing but I feel kinda bad for her. She'll live though. I wish people would leave her alone and cancel their orders or whatever in private.

Community Leader 2,817

she isn't REALLY flopping and she isn't admitting that she is, but if gaga released an album that sounded like Just Dance as her second album......she wouldn't have gotten two #1 hits 10 years into her career