Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

A Popster Is Born 17,275
On 4/2/2022 at 10:24 AM, ViviLittleM said:

wONDERING if they will add more Vegas shows right after her performance at the GRAMMYs

Do you think starting may she'll start to rehearse for traumatica ball or not until June?

I don’t think they will add more dates and I think she will start rehearsing in May.

On 4/2/2022 at 11:01 AM, DonnieDarko said:

Boo, why are you surprised? Chromatica, as amazing as it is, stood no chance the way it was treated. If Joanne or ARTPOP would be doing more, I would be more concerned, but in this scenario, nah.

Not surprised. It is just... Sad I guess :bebe:

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 11,865
On 4/2/2022 at 10:13 AM, PanPikus said:

Not surprised. It is just... Sad I guess :bebe:

i believe her team will focus on her music/streaming at some point and deliver the right project that will help keep her stable on streaming again and hopefully go for 2xPlatinum in US. No one ever expected ASIB to come out of nowhere, or for LFS to be her first AOTY nom in over a decade.  I think they are aware of it, they are just not focused on it... yet

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,051

The vast majority of streams for old albums come from their few remembered songs carrying them, and the truth is TFM has 3 and Chromatica has one and a half 

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 27,353
On 4/2/2022 at 11:55 AM, Andreu said:

The vast majority of streams for old albums come from their few remembered songs carrying them, and the truth is TFM has 3 and Chromatica has one and a half 

More like 0.5 which is ROM :billie:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,865
On 4/2/2022 at 10:55 AM, Andreu said:

Thanks to ASIB, she got amazing streaming support for Chromatica, ROM/SC/SL all place in the top 10 highest exposure reach for females... but as MR was ended up having a better playlist per listener ratio over an ariana grande collab, i am scared spotify will stop giving her that support; which is what has now happened to Katy. TopGun song has to smash :katy:

Pop-a-911-ster 38,807
On 4/2/2022 at 11:18 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Thanks to ASIB, she got amazing streaming support for Chromatica, ROM/SC/SL all place in the top 10 highest exposure reach for females... but as MR was ended up having a better playlist per listener ratio over an ariana grande collab, i am scared spotify will stop giving her that support; which is what has now happened to Katy. TopGun song has to smash :katy:

I understand your fear but how many flops in a row did Katy have before actually losing her support? Chromatica era was no Witness.

PI/MR/Joanne also had to smash or else her career would be over in the mainstream supposedly and as we saw eventually that wasn't true. I do agree that she'll be in a bad position streaming wise for her next release if TGS does badly, so I really hope the song is released, pushed and connects with the public. 

Edited by GucciOreos

A Popster Is Born 14,814
On 4/2/2022 at 4:58 PM, FRANZGA said:

As It Was Spotify Prediction

Unfiltered - 23.7M

Filtered - 20.5M

Updating

Unfiltered - 22.5M

Filtered - 19.8M

:katy:

A Popster Is Born 11,865
On 4/2/2022 at 11:32 AM, GucciOreos said:

PI/MR/Joanne also had to smash or else her career would be over in the mainstream supposedly and as we saw eventually that wasn't true. I do agree that she'll be in a bad position streaming wise for her next release if TGS does badly, so I really hope the song is released, pushed and connects with the public. 

with MR, they did really put that pressure on it. ARTPOP put her in a terrible position and then releasing PI made it worse; radio and streaming did not want to touch MR.

Ultimately it was a ballad that was going to age well, benefitted from the sonics of ASIB, and could be repeatedly promoted external to radio/streaming and still see a good effect (older people liked the song; tv promo wasnt as useless back then)

But the point i was making is she doesn't want to end up in a position where spotify/AM wont support her; it is literally so important for getting a hit, so i hope that won't happen :katy:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,807
On 4/2/2022 at 11:42 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

with MR, they did really put that pressure on it. ARTPOP put her in a terrible position and then releasing PI made it worse; radio and streaming did not want to touch MR.

Ultimately it was a ballad that was going to age well, benefitted from the sonics of ASIB, and could be repeatedly promoted external to radio/streaming and still see a good effect (older people liked the song; tv promo wasnt as useless back then)

But the point i was making is she doesn't want to end up in a position where spotify/AM wont support her; it is literally so important for getting a hit, so i hope that won't happen :katy:

The fact that she could recover from ARTPOP + PI lead single was truly miraculous. TABS :applause:

But yeah I feel you. 

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,281
On 4/2/2022 at 12:18 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

i am scared spotify will stop giving her that support; which is what has now happened to Katy

"When I´m Gone" has huge playlits support (still ~100M after more than 3 months), despite beeing a huge flop.

So you don´t have to be scared.

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 11,865
On 4/2/2022 at 11:58 AM, Gagacharts said:

"When I´m Gone" has huge playlits support (still ~100M after more than 3 months), despite beeing a huge flop.

So you don´t have to be scared.

Curators/radio love dance music, it fits into the flow well; so we see big reaches for it on Spotify,  whether GP actually adds it to their personal playlists is another story :katy: 

Anyways i cant remember the last time katy got a song on TTH/HHUK; maybe daises? i dont think shes ever seeing it again :toofunny:

• Daddy locked and unpinned this topic