Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

Pop-a-911-ster 32,639

Y’all we should be lucky if we get a Top 10 hit with the top gun song, this isn’t gonna be a Shallow sized hit BY ANY SCOPE and I wished we would stop putting those expectations out given Gaga might not even promote the song that much.

This is a movie about planes, most people won’t and aren’t going for a Gaga song. I have no idea why #1 was even a thought given Gaga’s only gotten 5 of those ever :laughga:

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 38,748
On 4/2/2022 at 3:32 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Y’all we should be lucky if we get a Top 10 hit with the top gun song, this isn’t gonna be a Shallow sized hit BY ANY SCOPE and I wished we would stop putting those expectations out given Gaga might not even promote the song that much.

This is a movie about planes, most people won’t and aren’t going for a Gaga song. I have no idea why #1 was even a thought given Gaga’s only gotten 5 of those ever :laughga:

The movie about planes has 15M views on it's trailer from four days ago and is a sequel to a movie that had one of the best selling soundtracks of all time (10M WW) and which includes the #1 hit Take My Breath Away by Berlin, a song that people still know and talk about to this day. Now obviously there is a possibility that this movie bombs along with its soundtrack but it's not that unreasonable for us to hope for chart success. I understand wanting to downplay expectations so we don't get disappointed but let's not act like this is some random song for an indie project when the movie had a huge budget and has been delayed for years on end because of the pandemic, in order to make all the money it was planned to make. 

Edited by GucciOreos
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

On 4/2/2022 at 4:21 PM, Sir.Sim said:

:applause:

I was thinking, who knows what numbers Born This Way (song) would debut in 2022 with the hype It had in 2011 and the position of Gaga post The Fame Monster 

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,639
On 4/2/2022 at 10:45 AM, GucciOreos said:

The movie about planes has 15M views on it's trailer from four days ago and is a sequel to a movie that had one of the best selling soundtracks of all time (10M WW) and which includes the #1 hit Take My Breath Away by Berlin, a song that people still know and talk about to this day. Now obviously there is a possibility that this movie bombs along with its soundtrack but it's not that unreasonable for us to hope for chart success. I understand wanting to downplay expectations so we don't get disappointed but let's not act like this is some random song for an indie project when the movie had a huge budget and has been delayed for years on end because of the pandemic, in order to make all the money it was planned to make. 

But my thing is this isn’t gonna be ASIB type thing where people are going FOR THE SONGS, people aren’t checking out that trailer for Gaga or a song they’re doing it for Cruise. I saw a post a couple days ago with ARUTWs total streams and I feel like that’s what we should be expecting at most. And OF COURSE it could do much better or much worse.

I just dont hope so many people are like EXPECTING this to go #1…I would be very happy if a random movie song was able to do that and of course it’s Gaga so anything could happen (total flop or total f-ing smash)

I mean NTTD is from one of the biggest movie franchises ever and it’s not like that was a HUGE Hot 100 hit (I think…:enigma:) Plus you know me, I always keep expectations low, I too am hoping for chart success of course :kiss:

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,748
On 4/2/2022 at 4:08 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

But my thing is this isn’t gonna be ASIB type thing where people are going FOR THE SONGS, people aren’t checking out that trailer for Gaga or a song they’re doing it for Cruise. I saw a post a couple days ago with ARUTWs total streams and I feel like that’s what we should be expecting at most. And OF COURSE it could do much better or much worse.

I just dont hope so many people are like EXPECTING this to go #1…I would be very happy if a random movie song was able to do that and of course it’s Gaga so anything could happen (total flop or total f-ing smash)

I mean NTTD is from one of the biggest movie franchises ever and it’s not like that was a HUGE Hot 100 hit (I think…:enigma:) Plus you know me, I always keep expectations low, I too am hoping for chart success of course :kiss:

It's probably for the best to keep expectations not too high, but it really could go either way with this song (whereas TIHTY or the song for Paul Mcartney were/are surefire flops). 

I said that about #1 because now with Harry's single it seems genuinely impossible, while the points have been weak for a while so maybe a few weeks ago it'd be possible. I'd be very happy with a top 10 debut if it even happens though. 

Edited by GucciOreos
  • yaas, gaga 2

A Popster Is Born 12,156
On 4/2/2022 at 6:20 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Anyone else think that Dolly Parton’s album could be a threat to L4S at the Grammys?

Her album was kind of a non-event and she has never won in that category before. Also, all of her Grammy wins are in the country categories. 

Edited by Adarsh
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,156
On 4/2/2022 at 9:05 PM, ViviLittleM said:

I'm mad i'm working on monday

if Gaga announced earlier she was performing i think i would have taken a day off

Y9iV.gif

I already took a day off :icant:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

• Daddy locked and unpinned this topic