Charts Discussion Thread - Слава Україні! Героям слава!

corvus albus

Pop-a-911-ster 32,639
On 4/2/2022 at 11:36 AM, GucciOreos said:

and what if TGS serves this? :bebe:

Now you know why I am keeping my expectations low, I remember people being like “Beyoncé with an original song in a best picture nominee, coming for a hit”

and then it was ANYTHING BUT :katy_pie: but I had no idea it didn’t even have 10M streams yet 

Pop-a-911-ster 38,747
On 4/2/2022 at 4:46 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Now you know why I am keeping my expectations low, I remember people being like “Beyoncé with an original song in a best picture nominee, coming for a hit”

and then it was ANYTHING BUT :katy_pie: but I had no idea it didn’t even have 10M streams yet 

Don't think it could ever bomb this hard though :icant:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 4/2/2022 at 5:32 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Y’all we should be lucky if we get a Top 10 hit with the top gun song, this isn’t gonna be a Shallow sized hit BY ANY SCOPE and I wished we would stop putting those expectations out given Gaga might not even promote the song that much.

This is a movie about planes, most people won’t and aren’t going for a Gaga song. I have no idea why #1 was even a thought given Gaga’s only gotten 5 of those ever :laughga:

Getting another Shallow sized hit would be EXTREMELY hard since Shallow is literally a mega hit and those kind of songs are rare. The most I'm expecting from the Top Gun song is a ARUTW sized hit and anyway a memorable song with longevity >>> a quick #1 song that nobody is going to remember later.

Edited by LGMonster95
  • paws up 1
  • love 1

On 4/2/2022 at 5:46 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Nobody saw that movie though :delulu_bird:

Top Gun is poised to be one of the most popular movies of the year, so the soundtrack also has a bigger chance to be popular. 

And ofc the song popularity depends on many things. First and most important one is sending it to radio and getting playlist support. If they just release it and then do absolutely nothing, liddos will give it a cute peak here and there and that’s it :pillow:

What we really need is a strong, powerful chorus that people will start humming at work out of nowhere :bunny:

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 32,639
On 4/2/2022 at 11:47 AM, GucciOreos said:

Don't think it could ever bomb this hard though :icant:

Same…..less than 10M :katy: that is utterly shameful. I will admit, my expectations for TG song aren’t that low but I’m  still just sitting here hoping it exists still and made the Maverick final cut :katy_pie:

(the meltdowns this fanbase will have if it doesn’t exist will be EPIC)

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,156

I found AOTY predictions from a 1995 Entertainment Weekly article :icant:

Nominees

MTV Unplugged, Tony Bennett

The 3 Tenors in Concert 1994, Carreras, Domingo and Pavarotti

From the Cradle, Eric Clapton

Longing in Their Hearts, Bonnie Raitt

Seal,Seal 

WILL WIN: Grammy fave Clapton; voters know a ”return to roots” blues album is something they should like. 

SHOULD WIN: Seal may seem out of place among these pop stalwarts, but at least his material is fresh, not rehashed.

And in the end Tony won :oscar:

• paws up 1

Tbh I expect nothing more than what Shallow did pre-Oscars for TGS in the US (so maybe Top 10 debut and then lingering in the higher half of Hot 100 thanks to high attendance for the movie). 

Hopefully it racks up cute streams on Spotify and does better in the UK/Europe/Australia, since they tend to support a Gaga’s song no matter what, and especially a ballad. But I’m kind of concerned about the fact that we’ll be about to enter summer so a ballad might not work properly, hopefully I’m wrong. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,271

Gaga´s Spotify Monthly Listeners:

26.03: +38.526

27.02: +32.651

28.03: +17.145

29.03: -19.275

30.03: +38.010

31.03: +12.986

01.04: +10.426

Total - 38.193.954 (+130.469 in the past week)

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 32,639
On 4/2/2022 at 2:32 PM, Doncho said:

Exactly 25 hours until Grammy Premiere Ceremony starts :darkmode:

Godga is coming I feel it :darkmode:

@GucciOreoshow would you feel if Kick wins Best Music Video over Montero? :icant:

I know you didn’t tag me but as another Lil Nas stan, I would be happy for Gaga and Tony but I would be sad for Nas, he DOES deserve the award the most in my opinion 

Montero was an EVENT

Call Me By Your Name Dancing GIF by Vibe FM

edit: I’m thinking LNX walks away with Best Music Video and Best Melodic Rap Performance, as he says….”couple GRAMMYs on em, couple plaques ehh” :oscar:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 10,247
On 4/2/2022 at 3:49 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

I know you didn’t tag me but as another Lil Nas stan, I would be happy for Gaga and Tony but I would be sad for Nas, he DOES deserve the award the most in my opinion 

Montero was an EVENT

Call Me By Your Name Dancing GIF by Vibe FM

edit: I’m thinking LNX walks away with Best Music Video and Best Melodic Rap Performance, as he says….”couple GRAMMYs on em, couple plaques ehh” :oscar:

Yeah his video was a MOMENT and he totally deserves it. But I still want TonyGaga to win :creepin:

• Daddy locked and unpinned this topic