Better dancer: Madonna VS Beyonce

Mario Spears

Madge or Bey?   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Better Dancer?

Popster to Popster 3,792

Sequel to this thread:

Again... Second Round. Who do Y'all think is the better dancer? Madonna? Or Beyonce? 

VS

Tbh, it's close! Madonna appears to be more versatile, more athletic and more agile. Not to mention that she's can do classical, tap, tango, salsa, actobatics, flamenco, etc. and  she's also has an awesome flexibility and is able to do many actobatic tricks (Bey also showed she was capable too, she's good at it too). 

As far as choreo goes, Madge has the slight edge, but Bey has the slight edge in dancing. 

I'm probably going to give Beyonce the slight edge bc she's the only one out of the pop girls who can dance who is a better dancer in her 30's than in her 20s or teens. But Madge ain't that far from ha because she also could still keep up. 

Thoughts? Who would y'all say is the better dancer?

Edited by Mario44
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 401

Stating the obvious but Beyonce is very, very skilled in her singular dance style while Madonna is more of a generalist willing to try out different styles to suite the song/performance/era — it's hard to say who is better. 

I feel like Beyonce's performances for the most part lack the musical theatre element that I enjoy in early Madonna performances. I love the Blonde Ambition performances but at the same time, I think if someone attempted this nowadays we'd be like OK, Mrs. Roxie Hart (that's why it's so good!) 

• love 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 1/18/2022 at 9:19 AM, Zak said:

Beyoncé by FAR

Agree. But both of them can do their thing! 

On 1/18/2022 at 11:27 AM, Miaou said:

Beyoncé cause she can actually sing in the same time

Yes! 

On 1/18/2022 at 11:23 AM, Sir.Sim said:

Beyonce Beychella GIF

BEYCHELLA was LEGENDARY! 

On 1/18/2022 at 12:39 PM, blue said:

Stating the obvious but Beyonce is very, very skilled in her singular dance style while Madonna is more of a generalist willing to try out different styles to suite the song/performance/era — it's hard to say who is better. 

I feel like Beyonce's performances for the most part lack the musical theatre element that I enjoy in early Madonna performances. I love the Blonde Ambition performances but at the same time, I think if someone attempted this nowadays we'd be like OK, Mrs. Roxie Hart (that's why it's so good!) 

True

• Mario Spears changed the title to Better dancer: Madonna VS Beyonce
Popster to Popster 3,792
On 1/18/2022 at 3:39 PM, Dean of Clownmatica said:

I want to say Madge but Bey keeping her vocals while dancing makes me give the vote to B

true, i agree. when she dances, Bey can still sing flawlessly

Edited by Mario44
  • paws up 1

I agree with whoever votes Beyoncé because she can actually sing and dance at the same time. But when I see the live shows of Vogue, the dance moves of the Hard Candy / Confessions era and all the 80s / 90s when madonna was at her peak I am fascinated by her. MADONNA is able to do many more styles than Beyoncé, Madonna can safely do stunts in mid-air, have a cup of tea and dance immediately afterwards. This thread is meant to reward dance, not singing, so Madonna has my vote.

open your heart madonna GIF

madonna dancing GIF by BRIT Awards

madonna GIF

• paws up 1

I agree with whoever votes Beyoncé because she can actually sing and dance at the same time. But when I see the live shows of Vogue, the dance moves of the Hard Candy / Confessions era and all the 80s / 90s when madonna was at her peak I am fascinated by her. MADONNA is able to do many more styles than Beyoncé, Madonna can safely do stunts in mid-air, have a cup of tea and dance immediately afterwards. This thread is meant to reward dance, not singing, so Madonna has my vote.

madonna GIF

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 1/18/2022 at 4:23 PM, ReadyGaga said:

madonna GIF

i agree. both of them in their 30s danced awesomely. Bey is captivating to me but M is also very fun to watch. also Bey dancing and giving great flexibility and stamina is sooooo damn impressive

Edited by Mario44
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 1/18/2022 at 4:27 PM, Nemanja said:

Madonna dance moves are best in her 50s

yes, at the S&S and MDNA Tours she was still GIVING.

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 1/18/2022 at 4:31 PM, Adarsh said:

Beyoncé for technique, Madonna for creativity 

lowkey this

• paws up 1