All things TCB ⚔️💗: DEFUNCT - use Charts Thread

BenG

ARTPOPster 1,328
On 7/18/2022 at 3:45 PM, BenG said:

Anything special about the stage other than screens and lighting?

Nothing else I believe. It’s a super generic stage which so disappointing given everything else is so good 

• thanks 1
  • lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 38,847
On 7/18/2022 at 10:44 AM, Aloe said:

Nothing else I believe. It’s a super generic stage which so disappointing given everything else is so good 

Yeah financially unlikely to make a complicated stage for so few dates

The tour is very quintessential Gaga and I love it. I loved how she went for the dark, brutal, industrial theme rather than pink or colorful. 

I was afraid she might have exhausted herself with choreo but she seems trained, energetic and on point without exaggerating. The setlist is okay to me, I’m missing a couple of cuts more, Applause and a Joanne appearances but it works anyway, it’s not easy considering she now has 6 albums + a soundtrack hit. 

The stage is good and it works well with lighting and pyrotechnics, as I said I would like her to use the runways more since it’s a stadium show. Her walking to the B-stage is also cute (hopefully she doesn’t get in touch a lot with fans and doesn’t risk with Covid). 

Here and there there are some details she could improve and I think by the last dates it’ll look better, like she arrived to the last act (SL/ROM) tired so maybe she should tone down a bit earlier. You can tell she was probably tired from the rehearsals days before the show, like her going away without even saying goodbye lol. 

Did the German press and GP like the show? It looked very “German” in some sense. 

Edited by Thrasher
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,883
On 7/18/2022 at 8:44 AM, BenG said:

HMH pop rock version is a slay

she gave so much for ARUTW/HMH, they obviously mean so much for her despite being soundtrack songs.

i honestly think this tour is very solid; maybe it needed some more props and more use of the catwalks; but it felt good to see Gaga

Pop-a-911-ster 38,847

Just saw Babylon's performance and I'm disappointed in the choreo. Too much waving hands. It should have been LOTS of strutting on the runway, e.g. walk, walk, fashion baby, work it, move that b*ch crazy.

Pop-a-911-ster 38,847

ARUTW sounded good but her piano playing was clearly under-rehearsed. She got the chords wrong and was unsure at the beginning, even with chords written in front of her! One more thing to iron out but will definitely get better with time. She was much more confident when the band joined in and was her performer self again.

Pop-a-911-ster 38,954
On 7/18/2022 at 3:25 PM, BenG said:

ARUTW sounded good but her piano playing was clearly under-rehearsed. She got the chords wrong and was unsure at the beginning, even with chords written in front of her! One more thing to iron out but will definitely get better with time. She was much more confident when the band joined in and was her performer self again.

what date are you going to? 

Pop-a-911-ster 38,847
On 7/18/2022 at 3:37 PM, HoldMyOreos said:

I'll be looking out for Lechonks in the crowd, be carefull @BenG

BenG

With the heatwave, you should look for

2tocpexmqi391.jpg?auto=webp&s=443c40e9aba293e776776b15ed38d3ea2190b1b2

• lol 3

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 7/18/2022 at 8:27 PM, ViviLittleM said:

I'm just so afraid we'll see nothing with our Carré Or tickets, chile a mess

Should have gotten Cat 1 tho I’m scared the stage will be too small for SDF

On 7/17/2022 at 7:02 PM, Rusty said:

My thoughts:

Overall the set list was ideal. 9 songs from Chromatica is epic, her first real ALBUM tour for a while. Then two big songs each from TF, TFM, BTW and ASIB, and then a fan favourite deep cut track she hasn't done for years that fits the theme and her new song that makes sense to use since the movie smashed and it can get awards buzz.  20 songs in total is a little short for a stadium gig, I could have seen a middle section after the Act II part where she could have done something like SFA + ARTPOP + another track in a mellow/mid-temp section to give her a chance to catch her breath a bit without intense choreo (maybe keytar or another piano).

Staging works well, but in classic Gaga fashion, it photographs terribly for the most part. BTWB was the worst for this. I have no doubt in person it is incredible, but the poor quality videos don't do it justice. Fire effects seem frequent and pretty cool.

A singe, solid wig similar to JWT which works much better than changing them like during artRAVE. Outfits were all amazing, though I hated the gold suit for Bablyon until she took the jacket off. Interludes were pretty cool too, very TMB-esque.

Vocals were excellent, as was her energy. The clear hiccup with this was SL-ROM. She went HARD on SL which really worked amazingly, but there needs to be a longer transition where she's lying down and they tease RoM while she gets her breathing under control. She was totally out of breath for all of ROM. HMH is fine as an encore, but like MR during Joanne, it'll take a couple of shows for her to get used to it.

Far fewer speeches than normal. At first I was really happy about that, but i almost feel she came across a but nervous or awkward when she finally did speak to the crowd. Luckily what she said came across really well.

The two best moments were Monster and ARUTW, though Stupid Love slapped too! Can't wait for my London shows.

See, I thought the speech during ARUTW was perfect. Touching and not too much. Sometimes she likes to do too much of the samey same motivational speech stuff, and for this tour? I was.......worried. But it was perfect right where she did it and I thought it was the perfect amount. :oops:

On 7/18/2022 at 8:30 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

she gave so much for ARUTW/HMH, they obviously mean so much for her despite being soundtrack songs.

i honestly think this tour is very solid; maybe it needed some more props and more use of the catwalks; but it felt good to see Gaga

I think all the different versions of the catwalks we've seen on Ticketmaster are correct for their venues. That's prob why it's underutilized. I don't think any other venue has the double catwalks. :enigma:

• BenG changed the title to All things TCB ⚔️💗: DEFUNCT - use Charts Thread