All things TCB ⚔️💗: DEFUNCT - use Charts Thread

BenG

Popster This Way 538

My thoughts:

Overall the set list was ideal. 9 songs from Chromatica is epic, her first real ALBUM tour for a while. Then two big songs each from TF, TFM, BTW and ASIB, and then a fan favourite deep cut track she hasn't done for years that fits the theme and her new song that makes sense to use since the movie smashed and it can get awards buzz.  20 songs in total is a little short for a stadium gig, I could have seen a middle section after the Act II part where she could have done something like SFA + ARTPOP + another track in a mellow/mid-temp section to give her a chance to catch her breath a bit without intense choreo (maybe keytar or another piano).

Staging works well, but in classic Gaga fashion, it photographs terribly for the most part. BTWB was the worst for this. I have no doubt in person it is incredible, but the poor quality videos don't do it justice. Fire effects seem frequent and pretty cool.

A singe, solid wig similar to JWT which works much better than changing them like during artRAVE. Outfits were all amazing, though I hated the gold suit for Bablyon until she took the jacket off. Interludes were pretty cool too, very TMB-esque.

Vocals were excellent, as was her energy. The clear hiccup with this was SL-ROM. She went HARD on SL which really worked amazingly, but there needs to be a longer transition where she's lying down and they tease RoM while she gets her breathing under control. She was totally out of breath for all of ROM. HMH is fine as an encore, but like MR during Joanne, it'll take a couple of shows for her to get used to it.

Far fewer speeches than normal. At first I was really happy about that, but i almost feel she came across a but nervous or awkward when she finally did speak to the crowd. Luckily what she said came across really well.

The two best moments were Monster and ARUTW, though Stupid Love slapped too! Can't wait for my London shows.

• paws up 7

A Popster Is Born 17,288

She was sooo happy. It was obvious. And I couldn’t be more happy about it.

The show was amazing. @Rusty gave ya’ll a great in depth post, I’m not good at those so I will jjst say this show is fcuking epic. 

The visuals were top notch, her singing easily the best out of all her tours, energy unmatached and Chromatica, like No other of her albums, comes alive when being performed. 

Oh, and I’ve spent 480€ on merch. I’m so over.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 5
  • yaas, gaga 3
  • love 3

ARTPOPster 2,173
On 7/17/2022 at 3:25 PM, Doncho said:

Anyone else noticed how Gaga barely talks to the audience? No speeches like in previous tours

Same thing with the first shows of the BTWB, don’t worry they’ll come :leap:

• shook 1

The Fame Popster 401
On 7/17/2022 at 4:02 PM, Rusty said:

Staging works well, but in classic Gaga fashion, it photographs terribly for the most part.

I'm not worried about the HBO Max concert special 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by blue
  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,688

I think some people are disappointed because Chromatica has had so many different concepts. An alien planet with tribes (SL), a dystopian future (ROM), a concept of it all being in her head (911), dancing through pain and hardship via dance (the tour). I wonder if the concept would have been more easily defined if COVID had not happened. The fanzine insert in the vinyl last year showed how far along they went with the planet concept by naming bays and geographic areas of a landmass. The idea of this album has never been clearly defined.

The Popster 34

I'm really happy with it overall. I was not expecting it to be a dark aesthetic , but it really worked I think. I'm so excited to see it next month :applause:

Hopefully professional photos and high quality YouTube videos pop up soon!

The Fame Popster 319

A bit of a disappointing set list, but everything else is incredible, insanely in love with the aesthetics sooo much, though some do feel a bit recycled. Masterpiece otherwise. She sounds great.

The Fame Popster 401
On 7/17/2022 at 7:05 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I think some people are disappointed because Chromatica has had so many different concepts. An alien planet with tribes (SL), a dystopian future (ROM), a concept of it all being in her head (911), dancing through pain and hardship via dance (the tour). I wonder if the concept would have been more easily defined if COVID had not happened. The fanzine insert in the vinyl last year showed how far along they went with the planet concept by naming bays and geographic areas of a landmass. The idea of this album has never been clearly defined.

I feel like Gaga has clearly woven all of these concepts together to illustrate her inner mental health journey via highly-theatrical externalized wonderland-esque environments. Plus, these concepts are all pretty transferable. Is the alien planet SL or ROM? Is the dystopian future ROM or TCB? What if everything was in her head? 

LOL imagine if in 2009 fans were like "uhhhh, Gaga, you're not being very consistent. Are you a hooker, rosary-eating priestess or a bisexual boyfriend killer?" 

Edited by blue
  • paws up 1
  • lol 2

ARTPOPster 2,173

Imagine if after this tour she announced new Enigma dates and they turned out exactly the same as they have been since 2019, not even any new Chromatica songs just straight up what we’ve had for a year :oscar:

• sad 1

• BenG changed the title to All things TCB ⚔️💗: DEFUNCT - use Charts Thread