Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

ARTPOPster 1,476
On 1/24/2023 at 12:09 AM, corvus albus said:

Not for a lack of trying. Sadly, the GP seems more interested in sampled music overall, eventhough Avas biggest song SBP doesn't have any samples :icant:

You sure? :ally:

:laughga: (jk) 

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,476

I still think the best case scenario is Gaga gets nominated and Diane Warren wins. 

That poor lady really deserves it after all these years :rip: and this way, Gaga won't win "too many times", so the academy won't feel the need to vote against her in the future just to balance it out. 

Spoiler

And then her original jazz composition for JFAD can win the Oscar yup yup

ARTPOPster 1,388
On 1/24/2023 at 2:03 PM, derpmonster said:

I still think the best case scenario is Gaga gets nominated and Diane Warren wins. 

That poor lady really deserves it after all these years :rip: and this way, Gaga won't win "too many times", so the academy won't feel the need to vote against her in the future just to balance it out. 

Hide contents

And then her original jazz composition for JFAD can win the Oscar yup yup

Naatu Naatu will win imo

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,940
Titi me preguntó crossed 1000M streams today :applause:

(I personally would consider Callaíta to be solo so I would say he has three but n-e-ways)

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 3
  • hugs 1

ARTPOPster 1,476
On 1/24/2023 at 12:35 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Naatu Naatu will win imo

I really hope it doesn't. :rip: of all the songs to cross over internationally from India, NN had to be it... I'm not a fan (and I'm Indian). I typically don't like songs that are so rhythmic and not melodic. 

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 11,850
On 1/24/2023 at 8:36 AM, corvus albus said:

I wouldn't care. I just really don't want Riri to win :ninja:

She would have to serve a MR moment for lift me up for that to happen, assuming SB effects FADscar votes. She is not strong on noms nor won any big precursor. I think shes won one of the bigger critics one, but she hasn't been a force, and her parent movie fell a bit flat.

Gaga may have stolen this away with a stronger song in4 she gets snubed later on. Oh well

ARTPOPster 1,388
On 1/24/2023 at 2:09 PM, derpmonster said:

I really hope it doesn't. :rip: of all the songs to cross over internationally from India, NN had to be it... I'm not a fan (and I'm Indian). I typically don't like songs that are so rhythmic and not melodic. 

bollywood may have better music but it sorta will open the door for more indian films/music, i dont think any indian film ever was recognized at this level in past so idk i see so many indian people not happy about it, y'all should be celebrating

Popgirls can rest this year 

ARTPOPster 1,476
On 1/24/2023 at 12:59 AM, Ayobabylon said:

bollywood may have better music but it sorta will open the door for more indian films/music, i dont think any indian film ever was recognized at this level in past so idk i see so many indian people not happy about it, y'all should be celebrating

Popgirls can rest this year 

I mean we've had crossovers before. This makes Jai Ho/Slumdog Millionaire look good :toofunny: I just think it's a wasted opportunity. If it wins and then people hear it and think it's awful, they're going to say it only won because the Academy wanted to look diverse. It would be much better if an actually good quality song won.

Imagine getting the first woman president and it's Sarah Palin :laughga:

Edited by derpmonster