Charts Thread - Stream Bloody Mary and Applause (Make Em Touch Remix) 👏🙌

Stats4LG

A Popster Is Born 14,749

It's even more blatant.. cause the change of voice quality/clarity after covering her mouth with her hand while doing that exaggerated head movements :icant:

A Popster Is Born 12,123
On 1/24/2023 at 2:09 PM, derpmonster said:

I really hope it doesn't. :rip: of all the songs to cross over internationally from India, NN had to be it... I'm not a fan (and I'm Indian). I typically don't like songs that are so rhythmic and not melodic. 

Compare Naatu Naatu’s lyrics to Jai Ho and it seems like comparing Mozart to Kid Laroi :icant:

• lol 2

ARTPOPster 1,476
On 1/24/2023 at 1:12 AM, FRANZGA said:

It's even more blatant.. cause the change of voice quality/clarity after covering her mouth with her hand while doing that exaggerated head movements :icant:

It definitely sounds like it. She began on a very bad note when she really started singing but corrected it quickly. It's obvious she can sing but she also mixes in some lip syncing. 

ARTPOPster 1,476
On 1/24/2023 at 1:13 AM, Adarsh said:

Compare Naatu Naatu’s lyrics to Jai Ho and it seems like comparing Mozart to Kid Laroi :icant:

Sis I can't understand the lyrics :toofunny: I don't speak Telugu and I can't if you like :laughga:

Maybe it's my northern privilege speaking. :ally: For the first time I have to deal with a hit song from my country that I can't understand at all :rip:

• love 2

A Popster Is Born 12,123
On 1/24/2023 at 2:47 PM, derpmonster said:

Sis I can't understand the lyrics :toofunny: I don't speak Telugu and I can't if you like :laughga:

Maybe it's my northern privilege speaking. :ally: For the first time I have to deal with a hit song from my country that I can't understand at all :rip:

I mean I can’t understand it either because I’m from the north too :icant: But I googled the translation because I was curious 

On 1/24/2023 at 3:47 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

She would have to serve a MR moment for lift me up for that to happen, assuming SB effects FADscar votes. She is not strong on noms nor won any big precursor. I think shes won one of the bigger critics one, but she hasn't been a force, and her parent movie fell a bit flat.

Gaga may have stolen this away with a stronger song in4 she gets snubed later on. Oh well

Imagine putting that song in your 'once in a lifetime' 15 minute concert? I hope Rhianna ignores it tbh. 

ARTPOPster 1,476
On 1/24/2023 at 1:22 AM, Adarsh said:

I mean I can’t understand it either because I’m from the north too :icant: But I googled the translation because I was curious 

I just looked it up. Omg what is this

Naatu like a green chili :dead:

Naatu like a sharp dagger :leap:

On 1/24/2023 at 4:02 AM, derpmonster said:

I mean we've had crossovers before. This makes Jai Ho/Slumdog Millionaire look good :toofunny: I just think it's a wasted opportunity. If it wins and then people hear it and think it's awful, they're going to say it only won because the Academy wanted to look diverse. It would be much better if an actually good quality song won.

Imagine getting the first woman president and it's Sarah Palin :laughga:

If it wins, it'll be because someone on that team really wants an Oscar and they did an extremely good campaign. Those "clips" of people dancing in the movie theater and gushing about it were super cringe, but maybe that's all it takes to justify a diversity win. 

Spoiler

I will never not be biased for Gaga, obviously. But I honestly think HMH is the best song this year. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,946
x3
On 1/24/2023 at 10:40 AM, GraceRandolph said:

3 hours

OMG! I  used the "Thanks" reaction to your comment and I realized that the "Thanks" reaction is Gaga holding her Oscar!!! It's a sign :giveup:

• thanks 1
  • lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 3
  • love 1

The Fame Popster 348
On 1/24/2023 at 11:01 AM, little legend said:

OMG! I  used the "Thanks" reaction to your comment and I realized that the "Thanks" reaction is Gaga holding her Oscar!!! It's a sign :giveup:

I just used the Yaas gaga reaction and realized she doesn't have her oscar in it :darkmode:

• lol 5