Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

ARTPOPster 1,238
On 3/22/2023 at 5:27 PM, boobatella said:

this is insane i literally don’t understand how she can reach numbers like this

shes huge but this is also helped by the fact that she have been releasing albums with over 20 tracks like every 6 months

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 3/22/2023 at 9:47 PM, sugden said:

shes huge but this is also helped by the fact that she have been releasing albums with over 20 tracks like every 6 months

But her fans actually stream the work unlike some other bases who makes Gaga pay for “releasing a jazz album instead of pushing another bikini song” and other wild reasons that I feel this base has been pulling to justify their own laziness to support their so called fave artist

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 3/22/2023 at 10:58 PM, chartgaga said:

But her fans actually stream the work unlike some other bases who makes Gaga pay for “releasing a jazz album instead of pushing another bikini song” and other wild reasons that I feel this base has been pulling to justify their own laziness to support their so called fave artist

IMO Gaga deserves to have the most devoted fanbase and idc about all those excuses, this is the woman who apparently saved their lives, she deserves nothing less, I'm not even part of the LGBTQ+ community but she'll always have my support, even if she'll never come in my country again etc

Pop-a-911-ster 38,964
On 3/22/2023 at 8:58 PM, chartgaga said:

I don't think this is the case. If Gaga kept releasing dance-pop albums at Taylor's rate monsters would support her more. She has released 2 albums that directly appeal to her fanbase in the last decade, it's so risky when you think about it. 

Taylor bombed with Carolina so I doubt she'd do anything with a jazz album. She kinda cracked the code of the streaming era with constant releases in the form of new albums/Taylor's versions, she clearly goes above and beyond to please her fanbase and in turn they deliver (and grow as a fanbase). That's, in my opinion, one of the reasons she's so massively successful. 

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 3/22/2023 at 10:08 PM, LGMonster95 said:

IMO Gaga deserves to have the most devoted fanbase and idc about all those excuses, this is the woman who apparently saved their lives, she deserves nothing less, I'm not even part of the LGBTQ+ community but she'll always have my support, even if she'll never come in my country again etc

Pretty much, I agree and am fine with not connecting with the material as much. But at least show up for her and not just to get a notice from her… like people who talked sh!t about HMH only to suck its a** when it got the Oscar nod

• thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 3/22/2023 at 10:08 PM, BloodyOreo said:

I don't think this is the case. If Gaga kept releasing dance-pop albums at Taylor's rate monsters would support her more. She has released 2 albums that directly appeal to her fanbase in the last decade, it's so risky when you think about it. 

Taylor bombed with Carolina so I doubt she'd do anything with a jazz album. She kinda cracked the code of the streaming era with constant releases in the form of new albums/Taylor's versions, she clearly goes above and beyond to please her fanbase and in turn they deliver (and grow as a fanbase). That's, in my opinion, one of the reasons she's so massively successful. 

Yes and no, it seems Liddos only come out when the music is successful and then they disappear

Pop-a-911-ster 38,964
On 3/22/2023 at 9:10 PM, chartgaga said:

Yes and no, it seems Liddos only come out when the music is successful and then they disappear

Idk I feel like Gaga's audience is just very dispersed nowadays. Thankfully acting keeps her relevant but as far as being a big and current popstar her days are numbered unless she manages to bridge the gap somehow. This is just my opinion of course. Taylor on the other hand has built a core fanbase and just kept adding layers to it progressively, which is why she's as huge as she is right now. 

Not saying one path is inherently better than the other, and I admire Gaga for her courage and ability to transform. In a lot of ways, it has helped her. At the same time, her casual pop fandom is a bit malnourished at this point if we're being honest, and I get it if they feel frustrated and on the fence with her. 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 3/22/2023 at 11:09 PM, chartgaga said:

Pretty much, I agree and am fine with not connecting with the material as much. But at least show up for her and not just to get a notice from her… like people who talked sh!t about HMH only to suck its a** when it got the Oscar nod

Stupid Love was not my fav either but I supported her the same, when she was being dragged to hell and back during ARTPOP era, I was still supporting her on twitter. This "support" from some of her fans seems to be materialistic, at least that's how I feel.

A Popster Is Born 15,236

Gays are in general fickle and unsupportive. They mostly fight with other fanbases and complain and try to find culprits to why their faves aren't biggest in the world as they should be in their head, but barely move finger to support them. Taylor fanbase power lies in her rabid yt teenage girls who will buy 50 versions of the same album while looping her discography on 10 computers. Other artists with big teen girl followings are artists like BTS, Harry etc. Gaga doesn't have that big stanbase among females, like she has many girls that love her but when we look at the stanbase and ppl who are the most obsessed about her it's usually gays. Not saying either is right or wrong, but trying to point out there is a difference that stems from different kind of audiences.

Edited by Replay
  • thanks 1

Taylor probably has the most young fans  of all MPGs, so it’s no contest. I’m sorry but it’s kinda INSANE to me to think that we will be streaming Gaga all day everyday :katy: I like other kinds of music/artists who are bigger flops by a large margin. I’m not gonna support every Gaga project as hard as main line albums/singles, especially ones that don’t interest me and that goes for music she makes as well. She’s one of the most successful entertainers of all time already, anything else at this point is just the cherry on top

Edited by 0606060
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 3/22/2023 at 10:18 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Idk I feel like Gaga's audience is just very dispersed nowadays. Thankfully acting keeps her relevant but as far as being a big and current popstar her days are numbered unless she manages to bridge the gap somehow. This is just my opinion of course. Taylor on the other hand has built a core fanbase and just kept adding layers to it progressively, which is why she's as huge as she is right now. 

Not saying one path is inherently better than the other, and I admire Gaga for her courage and ability to transform. In a lot of ways, it has helped her. At the same time, her casual pop fandom is a bit malnourished at this point if we're being honest, and I get it if they feel frustrated and on the fence with her. 

Trust me a lot of Swifties didn’t like folklore/evermore and/or Midnights but they still keep face and go out to support her. All Liddos do is either calling Gaga a grandma for not wearing underwear in the streets or pick fights with every bases out there… instead of actually supporting her music

On 3/22/2023 at 10:26 PM, Replay said:

Gays are in general fickle and unsupportive. They mostly fight with other fanbases and complain and try to find culprits to why their faves aren't biggest in the world as they should be in their head, but barely move finger to support them. Taylor fanbase power lies in her rabid yt teenage girls who will buy 50 versions of the same album while looping her discography on 10 computers. Gaga doesn't have that big stanbase among females, like she has many girls that love her but when we look at the stanbase and ppl who are the most obsessed about her it's usually gays. 

ezgif-3-87be1515fc.thumb.gif.68021bb2b2b

Lots of gays are also behind Taylor but yeah she was able to find a new generation of teenage girls to adore her

Pop-a-911-ster 38,964

Every time I think about this I keep coming back to the idea that a rock/rock-y album from Gaga would be a great choice at this point in her career. It's a) very fitting for her energy, for her voice, wouldn't come across as forced at all b) it would also connect with her core fanbase c) it would connect with the people who have come to appreciate her for her talent but wouldn't necessarily listen to her dance-pop music outside of her most well-known hits. As a bonus, it would also reinforce her image as a music chameleon without having the unwanted effect of dispersing her audience. Does anyone else see what I see? 

Edited by BloodyOreo
  • paws up 6
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 15,236
On 3/22/2023 at 10:30 PM, chartgaga said:

Trust me a lot of Swifties didn’t like folklore/evermore and/or Midnights but they still keep face and go out to support her. All Liddos do is either calling Gaga a grandma for not wearing underwear in the streets or pick fights with every bases out there… instead of actually supporting her music

Lots of gays are also behind Taylor but yeah she was able to find a new generation of teenage girls to adore her

I didn't say gays don't use her (tho many of them are success riding) but her stanbase power comes from these girls cause as I said gays aren't that supportive as teen girls

A Popster Is Born 15,236
On 3/22/2023 at 10:30 PM, chartgaga said:

if gaga dropped folklore gays would be saying they aint streaming joanne 2 as revenge for not giving them what they wanted :katy: then they would bully bobby interscope and sarah tanno cause album isn't being streamed

Edited by Replay
  • paws up 3
  • thanks 1

On 3/22/2023 at 5:30 PM, chartgaga said:

Trust me a lot of Swifties didn’t like folklore/evermore and/or Midnights but they still keep face and go out to support her

I mean sure but is this really… Normal? N. Idk. Maybe it’s my age, but that is just another level of stanning

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 3/22/2023 at 10:30 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Every time I think about this I keep coming back to the idea that a rock/rock-y album from Gaga would be a great choice at this point in her career. It's a) very fitting for her energy, for her voice, wouldn't come across as forced at all b) it would also connect with her core fanbase c) it would connect with the people who have come to appreciate her for her talent but wouldn't necessarily listen to her dance-pop music outside of her most well-known hits. As a bonus, it would also reinforce her image as a music chameleon without having the unwanted effect of dispersing her audience. Does anyone else see what I see? 

I agree. She can insert dance or glam rock into it if she wants, tbh I’m personally excited for any kind of music as long as it’s coming from her heart. As long as she stops cosplaying a parody of her old self like Enigma or the Stupid Love video

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 10,029
On 3/22/2023 at 10:34 PM, 0606060 said:

I mean sure but is this really… Normal? N. Idk. Maybe it’s my age, but that is just another level of stanning

I mean when you look at certain Liddos still trying to justify some ARTPOP moments… it’s not that different… at least I guess we were more unified back then

it’s fine not to connect and stuff but the way some act like so entitled of her career like if she’s not doing what they like then they call her names everywhere

Popster to Popster 4,833
On 3/22/2023 at 11:34 PM, Replay said:

if gaga dropped folklore gays would be saying they aint streaming joanne 2 as revenge for not giving them what they wanted :katy: then they would bully bobby interscope and sarah tanno cause album isn't being streamed

The "funny" thing is the fact that they will be the ones crying about it not being successful, not Gaga or anyone else but them.

• little legend changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread,
  • corvus albus locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic