Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 38,964
On 3/22/2023 at 9:35 PM, chartgaga said:

I agree. She can insert dance or glam rock into it if she wants, tbh I’m personally excited for any kind of music as long as it’s coming from her heart. As long as she stops cosplaying a parody of her old self like Enigma or the Stupid Love video

Agreed. 

Popster to Popster 3,289

Obsessive stans who buy multiple copies and stream from multiple devices are a small minority, in order to do those kind of numbers Taylor Swift has clearly a strong support from the general audience in first.

As you know I don't like her at all and in decades of following pop music her huge success will always remain the biggest mystery in this field to me, but clearly the general audience is here for her.

I don't think the blame should put entirely on her fanbase if Gaga underperformed with some projects, it's the audience that makes the difference and also some label choices.

'Shallow' didn't become a classic or reach 2 Billion streams because a small part of this fanbase streamed it from multiple devices of bought multiple copies, the GP made the difference in the long term success and the same applies to her previous big hits as well.

Fanbase can give an initial push but then it's up to audience.

Edited by Leptine
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,289
On 3/22/2023 at 10:30 PM, BloodyOreo said:

Every time I think about this I keep coming back to the idea that a rock/rock-y album from Gaga would be a great choice at this point in her career. It's a) very fitting for her energy, for her voice, wouldn't come across as forced at all b) it would also connect with her core fanbase c) it would connect with the people who have come to appreciate her for her talent but wouldn't necessarily listen to her dance-pop music outside of her most well-known hits. As a bonus, it would also reinforce her image as a music chameleon without having the unwanted effect of dispersing her audience. Does anyone else see what I see? 

Her doing rock has been heavily discussed on ATRL base a lot of times, generating conflicting opinions.

I personally would be here for that direction, specifically if she does a soft pop rock record like Alanis 'Jagged Little Pill', for me this is the exact direction she should go if she goes rock.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 23,049

More than just the material, it would also definitely need a considerable push and attention from Gaga. She is historically proven to have increased consumption when she performs. Even if the industry has moved and promo now relies heavily on streams, we still see Gaga's performances giving boosts to her material.

• paws up 6

ARTPOPster 1,634
On 3/22/2023 at 6:32 PM, Stargazer said:

I moved to Apple Music because I was tired of Spotifraud.

Poker Face sounds so different in Dolby Atmos :enigma:

Superior quality WINS

A Popster Is Born 14,916
On 3/22/2023 at 6:39 PM, Dean AYOster said:

Happy birthday @Doncho!

Is nobody releasing the top 10 or 20 songs of Gaga's daily Spotify songs anymore? Has Judas dropped below 400k now completely? @Bojana @chartgaga @Gagacharts @Stats4LG

I'm still here, just lurking lol @IJustWorkHere

Fr2Dm7IWIAg4IaX?format=jpg&name=large

source: @Replay:prideheart:

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 14,834
On 3/23/2023 at 1:13 AM, sugden said:

because billboard actually counts those weeks to beyonce too

their system is a mess

Not really, if that's the case then PERFECT DUET shouldve been Bey's biggest H100 Hit for 2010s 

ARTPOPster 1,415
On 3/23/2023 at 3:22 AM, Leptine said:

Obsessive stans who buy multiple copies and stream from multiple devices are a small minority, in order to do those kind of numbers Taylor Swift has clearly a strong support from the general audience in first.

As you know I don't like her at all and in decades of following pop music her huge success will always remain the biggest mystery in this field to me, but clearly the general audience is here for her.

I don't think the blame should put entirely on her fanbase if Gaga underperformed with some projects, it's the audience that makes the difference and also some label choices.

'Shallow' didn't become a classic or reach 2 Billion streams because a small part of this fanbase streamed it from multiple devices of bought multiple copies, the GP made the difference in the long term success and the same applies to her previous big hits as well.

Fanbase can give an initial push but then it's up to audience.

The simple answer to this is accessible music

u will never see gaga release a song like cruel summer or all the girls u loved before

The only time gaga tried to do the trendy formula was the cure & it was her biggest Streaming hit for some time

Music is just a medium for her to tell us what she is going through in her life & she won’t make an album unless there is something real happening in her life 

Pop-a-911-ster 20,491

Biggest international female singers in Italy by certified units:

• Adele: 930,000
• Lady Gaga: 540,000 
• Madonna: 435,000
• Shakira: 325,000
• Rihanna: 235,000 
• Katy Perry: 200,000 
• Ariana Grande: 175,000
• Lana Del Rey: 175,000 
• Billie Eilish: 150,000
• Dua Lipa: 150,000