My best friend died - my moms reaction

MiKEY

The Fame Popster 484

Hello there! 

my best friend has sadly passed away today due to incurable diseases + Corona. 
that has ripped a deep hole in me but here comes what makes it worse: 

my mom asked me (angrily) why I didn’t came for dinner (I was in my room crying) and I told her that I received a call that my best friend has died so I wasn’t able to eat or even have a clear thought. 

Her response: it happens million times a day and it’s worse if a family member dies.

I am angry and devastated how anyone (especially her) can be so cold and put salt in my wounds. Idk how to react anymore. 

Thanks for taking time reading this.

• paws up 1
  • hugs 15

Gaming Leader 6,416

That is terrible and your mother should be ashamed of herself. Know that you are completely justified in your feelings while grieving and she cannot tell you any different. I’m sorry you have to deal with that :classic_mellow:

• hugs 2

Gaming Leader 8,440

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. Take your time to heal and collect yourself, no matter how long it will take. Surviving this pain will lead you to greatness in the longrun. Your mother doesn't understand your pain, and you don't need her to heal, you only need patience and strenght. My DMs are open if you need help or anything else.

• hugs 2

Popster to Popster 3,889

This is just terrible, and I am so sorry for your loss.

Your mom should be understanding. It's not like some distant friend you barely knew, it was your BEST friend. Also, regardless of who it was, your mom should be compassionate and understanding. 

I'm so sorry you're going through this. 

• hugs 2

Moderator 4,653

OMG I'm so sorry! Please accept my condolences.

And why would your mom respond like this? Doesnt she understand friends can die as well and that hurts just as much?

• hugs 2

Popstanne 5,076

I'm sorry for your loss, and disappointed by your mother's reaction. I hope you can find a way to talk with someone about your feelings and to get the comfort and love  you need right now. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Sending you virtual hugs. 

• hugs 2

Deactivated 14,311

Dear @MiKEY I am so sorry for your loss! My thoughts are with you in this trouble time! There are things I want to say about your mum but I won't all I will say is what an absolute disappointing response! Keep strong! we are here for you!

• hugs 1

Moderator 4,653
52 minutes ago, MiKEY said:

Thank u all so much for ur kind words. I love u all. <3

You're welcome. I hope you feel better and that one day your mom realizes she was wrong!