Reflect on 2020 in a positive way

Dirkje

Moderator 4,812

2020 is almost over. We all know that its probably one of the worst years ever, but in this thread we celebrate the things that happened and were positive. 

What would be your best memory of 2020?

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,889

I met a few people who definitely helped me make it through this year. I'm thankful for always being reminded that some of the most important people you'll have in your life you haven't even met yet. 

• paws up 2

Deactivated 14,311

I too have made some amazing connections and it really helps me through those hard times! 2020 gave me time away from Work and let me really work on my mental health.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,065

i'm not even joking but it took me waaay to long to think of something :rip:

i'm almost done with university cause i finished most of my remaining courses this year and i'm currently working on my bachelor thesis

the world better be ready for a work force like me next year :tea:

• paws up 2

RIP Angel 1,992

My clients doubled this year (I'm a book cover designer) and I'm grateful (I should be) for that, especially cuz some people  lost their jobs this year. I'm thankful for LG6, the 911 music video, as well as other artists releasing good music. It helped boost my creativity. I'm just thankful to be alive...so far.

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Gaming Leader 8,440

I discovered writing as an escape to my abusive ex and an escape in general to this world, so I'm immensely grateful for that. I grew so much during this year in which I truly began my adulthood and taking care of myself, on my own. 

I'm super proud of all of you for overcoming your fears and traumas, and still working on being a better human chile.

Go ahead and do your damn thing, babes !

tenor.gif

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 1,672

A lot has happened this year as you said and it's true. I was finally free from my stepdad's disgusting behavior after 5 years because he was the worst ever (my mom and dad came back together 4 years ago luckily). I have been doing better in my therapy. I got to come out of the closet to my parents and I am lucky that my gf is here for me and supporting me. She was the one who made me happier. I dreamt that my dead bff forgave me because before she died, we fought and I felt guilty and that I'm the reason she was gone so that forgiveness gave me assurance. I know this sounded a bit ironic but it isn't :)

• hugs 2

Popster to Popster 3,752

I'm positive this year was horrible. You mean like that? :billie:

On a serious note, I'm not destitute so that's good. And my family and I are healthy after a few serious issues. I also completed a creative writing program which was very fun and fulfilled a childhood dream of mine when I performed in NYC with a dance company (pre-pandemic).

Edit: I've forgotten the most important milestone on my journey of self-improvement. After 20 consecutive years of making my New Year's resolution to stop biting my nails, I've finally done it :bradley:

Edited by GitHub
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,450

Lost my job, which was a good thing since it was running me into the ground but I was never going to leave on my own. Got a new one that’s way less stressful, less overtime, higher salary, and in a different city so I finally moved

Also getting better at removing myself from toxic environments instead of being stubborn and trying to prove I’m in the right. Peace of mind is getting better than making a point 

• paws up 1