Taylor Swift’s ‘Willow’ Suffers The Biggest Fall From No. 1 Of All Time

blastertoyo

ARTPOPster 1,319

On the Hot 100 that will be published tomorrow (December 29), Swift’s “Willow” falls from No. 1 all the way to No. 38, a 37-spot tumble. That now stands as the greatest decline from the top spot in Hot 100 history.
Swift grabs that unenviable record from rappers 6ix9ine and Nicki Minaj, who saw their joint effort “Trollz” break a record no artist wants to smash earlier this year. The two hip-hop musicians 
debuted the track atop the Hot 100 back in June, giving 6ix9ine his first leader and Minaj her second, as she’d nabbed her first just weeks prior with Doja Cat on “Say So.” The following frame, that cut fell to No. 34, a 33-rung decline in one frame.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2021/12/28/taylor-swifts-willow-suffers-the-biggest-fall-from-no-1-of-all-time/?sh=6f7c47a86edf

• lol 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,319
19 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

What do you expect when you release a new album so quickly after another? Your fans are thrilled but the GP didn’t want it! Or clearly care?

Or two albums that are the same sound where the biggest selling point is that they were surprises 

Well, it was worse than what I said it'd happen lmao

If You Say So Shrug GIF

Spoiler

I just noticed I thought it was the TROLLZ soundtrack instead of the 6x song with the generous Queen lmao, why do I do this to myself :mess:

• lol 1

She should've waited until this week to release it tbh. This fall is super inflated, without the Xmas songs it would be in the top 20. That's still bad, but not to this extent. PDF got lucky with this one.

Pop visitors
4 hours ago, A Little Monsterrr said:

although willow's a bop, it's just placed in the wrong time bc she just released folklore like 5-6 months ago so it's too fast :)

Exactly she should've given it a year at least

ARTPOPster 1,319
25 minutes ago, blue said:

loooooool god help us if pump and dumps like folklore/evermore, positions, miss chromatica are the future

This makes me think there’s gonna be a new rapper named Lil Dump 

:mess:

• lol 1

Kindness Admin 6,892

This is true, but it's also important to remember this was Xmas week and all none holiday songs fell. Obv this is massive, but there are lots of reasons for it. Her releasing this quickly after her last song also dons't help.

Anyway, I think it'll stabilize and climb back up post holidays, I bet she can hit the top 10 again wit radio in a few weeks. It's a good song :oops:

ARTPOPster 1,319
11 hours ago, RFK said:

Exactly she should've given it a year at least

Waiting a year to release an album that sounds the same and has the same concept as her previous wouldn’t be a good move

• thanks 1