Born This Way - Appreciation Thread

kaelergrey

Community Leader 1,294

Hailing from arguably Gagas' best album of the same name.... 

"Born This Way" is a song by American singer Lady Gaga, and the lead single from her second studio album of the same name. Written by Gaga and Jeppe Laursen, who produced it along with Fernando Garibay and DJ White Shadow, the track was developed while Gaga was on the road with The Monster Ball Tour. (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_This_Way_(song))

Michael Cragg from The Guardian called the song an "almost disco anthem", and said the chorus "crashes in with the weight of a discarded meat dress". He also felt that the "campness" of the music made the lyrics sound less serious than it is.[41] Guthrie Graves-Fitzsimmons of The Washington Post stated that "Born This Way" was a "hymn for LGBT Christians".[42] Rick Florino of Artistdirect gave the song five out of five stars and labeled it as "an immediate pop classic", complimenting the hook and the chorus.[24] Alison Schwartz from People added that "the club-ready anthem, complete with a few a cappella chants and Italian lyrics, shows off Gaga's powerhouse vocal chords—and knack for powerful songwriting."[43]

Lets Start the New Year with an anthem that empowers everyone. Always remember that you are in the right track baby and you are Born This Way.:ally:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 8

Popster to Popster 4,583

Almost 10 years later and the production still slaps.  It'll always have a special place in my heart even if it's a little cringy.

Also do not forget this iconic moment: 

:billie:

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,689
1 hour ago, Twitter said:

Not my favorite Gaga album but Judas, Scheiße, MTN, TEOG, GH, Bloody Mary, and Electric Chapel gets me everytime. 

It’s my favorite because of all of these songs (although I would swap Hair for Electric Chapel) and Born This Way as the OP eloquently states 

• paws up 2

Kindness Admin 6,892
4 hours ago, NYNJ Gypsy said:

It’s my favorite because of all of these songs (although I would swap Hair for Electric Chapel) and Born This Way as the OP eloquently states 

Yes, but don't sleep on Yoü and I either.

What an album, she did that.

• paws up 2

Community Leader 1,294
6 hours ago, Twitter said:

Not my favorite Gaga album but Judas, Scheiße, MTN, TEOG, GH, Bloody Mary, and Electric Chapel gets me everytime. 

But thats alot of song. :ally: Dont be shy @Twitter :ally: You know its your favorite album :ally: 

:ally: 

:ally:

:sweat: ahaha

Also Happy New Yearrrrr

New Year Money GIF by INTO ACTION

Popster to Popster 3,689
6 hours ago, kaelergrey said:

Yes she did admin :sweat:

True! The song that gave us another iconic music video during the era and the one and only, Jo Calderone.

Also while we are at it, you reminded me that I left out Bad Kids. I know unpopular opinion, but I do adore it :oops:

Community Leader 1,294
5 hours ago, NYNJ Gypsy said:

True! The song that gave us another iconic music video during the era and the one and only, Jo Calderone.

Also while we are at it, you reminded me that I left out Bad Kids. I know unpopular opinion, but I do adore it :oops:

I also like bad kids. I get why people dont like it though but I like it. :sweat:

• paws up 1

Such a good album, her second best after Chromasome. The way it delivers career highlight after career highlight :abel_glow:

Those are my 3 faves off the album. The last one is controversial, I know :ohyes:

• yaas, gaga 1

Community Leader 1,294
51 minutes ago, Blown Away said:

Such a good album, her second best after Chromasome. The way it delivers career highlight after career highlight :abel_glow:

Those are my 3 faves off the album. The last one is controversial, I know :ohyes:

I like this songs. Fashion of his love is controversial? :sweat: