R.I.P. Adobe Flash Player (1996-2021)

BenG

Popster to Popster 4,584
1 hour ago, ProjectJoanne said:

So no more flash games? :katy_pie:

1 hour ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

Flash games were my childhood. Nooooooooooo.

tenor.gif

There's a lot of preservation efforts going on where people have been saving a lot them as executables or portijg to HTML5 so don't worry, the garbage will still be around even if flash isn't 

• paws up 1
  • lol 2

Popstanne 5,076

Honestly, I'm happy to see Flash go. I once ended up with malware on my computer because I fell for one of those scam "You need to update your Flash Player" pop-ups. Uninstalling it was so cathartic. 

• paws up 2
  • sad 1

Kindness Admin 6,944
13 hours ago, Twitter said:

Outside of Bejeweled I never heard of someone running to play Flash games.

OMG I FORGOT ABOUT BEJEWELED. What a TIME to be alive. Me and my grandma would both play when she'd babysit me, haha.

RIP Flash, thank you for Bejeweled, Homestar Runner and some really insane webpages back in the day.

tenor.gif

PS. anyone remember DX Ball? It wasn't flash, but it was dope and I created some insane levels.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,450
29 minutes ago, admin said:

OMG I FORGOT ABOUT BEJEWELED. What a TIME to be alive. Me and my grandma would both play when she'd babysit me, haha.

RIP Flash, thank you for Bejeweled, Homestar Runner and some really insane webpages back in the day.

tenor.gif

PS. anyone remember DX Ball? It wasn't flash, but it was dope and I created some insane levels.

You just pulled Homestar Runner out of the deepest darkest corner of my memory :fall:

• yaas, gaga 1