POPa911 Suggestions

admin

Kindness Admin 6,892

Hey all, I saw a request from @Ninoand a few others to have thread for suggestions and feedback on the website. I think that's a great idea so please use this space to make suggestions or requests.

The site got very big, very fast, so do please bare with me as I work through a growing list of tasks to complete with the site. Thank you to everyone for staying so kind and positive as well.

Edit: Mentioned this below, but I'm going to do monthly updates starting in November that's a bit like this list below. Updates on what's happening with the site and what features are upcoming. Also, maybe polls to see what changes people want.

A couple notes on some things coming over the next week in loose order:

• A revised homepage that primarily sorts items by forum category (Lady Gaga, Pop Music and Community).
  • Two new forums under Community: Kindness and News & Politics.
  • Revised guidelines which much more specifically outline what is unacceptable behavior and how it will be handled.
  • Some extra visibility into a user's pronouns when hovering a user's highlighted name.
  • Some new emojis
  • Apps to bring in some mods. There's a lot going on with just me watching over everything, so I will need some help. The main objective here is to find people who are passionate about our community and equally passionate about instilling kindness and inclusivity with sound judgement. As we all know, being a mod is not an easy job and it's easy to make mistakes. Mistakes are ok, but failing the community and leaving anyone feeling unprotected, unwelcome or discriminated against is not.

Thanks all, happy to you have you here.

• paws up 22

The Fame Popster 451

an instant chat section is a must! I know people charge money for those kinds of plugins on invision forums but I'd more more than willing to donate to a patreon for premium features to be added and help get this off the ground :oscar:

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 3

The Fame Popster 305
Just now, Nino said:

an instant chat section is a must! I know people charge money for those kinds of plugins on invision forums but I'd more more than willing to donate to a patreon for premium features to be added and help get this off the ground :oscar:

Great minds think alike. :oscar:

• yaas, gaga 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
Just now, Nino said:

Haha, this has been suggested quite a bit. I will look into it, I plan on giving monthly updates on the site, so I'll have an update on this for next month. It will likely come down to a mix of technology, price and moderation. 

• thanks 1

The Popster 59
2 minutes ago, Nino said:

I would also be willing to donate to a patreon for an instant chat feature! :happydance:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster This Way 656

Thanks for making this thread and for all that you're doing @admin!

1 minute ago, Nino said:

The chat stuff has been great, but I'd recommend a clear disclaimer on the chat that it isn't moderated and to use at your own risk. I've been on some forums where the chat room was a dumpster fire where people would harass and abuse members because they couldn't on the forum itself.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 4

Moderator 4,653

I would be interested to help out as a community commitee(or how its gonna be called here) or as a moderator. I really care about forums in general so I really like to do my part to make sure forums stay on the internet! 

• paws up 3

Community Leader 2,817
12 minutes ago, admin said:

Haha, this has been suggested quite a bit. I will look into it, I plan on giving monthly updates on the site, so I'll have an update on this for next month. It will likely come down to a mix of technology, price and moderation. 

I know that a free (unless you want more features) alternative is Discord. I'm not sure about your familiarity with it, but it has a ton of features, different chat channels, voice chats, etc. And you can set up clear rules on there and have the forum mods moderate the discord as well!

Popster This Way 656

I was going to wait until the application is out, but I'll go ahead and also throw my name in as a moderator. I used to moderate the largest Buffy the Vampire Slayer forum back in the day.

buffy the vampire slayer wink GIF

• yaas, gaga 3

Community Leader 2,817
3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I was thinking maybe better reactions? These are kinda hard to understand what they mean. Or maybe I’m just too used to the GGD ones

I am confusing the 'wtf' and 'thanks' reactions because they're both white, but so far that's been my only problem. I think that going forward maybe switching them around or editing the names or something could be something that's beneficial, but I'm glad that we have different reactions to start with!

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Moderator 4,653
1 minute ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Same! I could be a “side moderator” as I was on LGN, but basically to keep the forum safe for everyone, during a short time or long time idrk but yea!:)

I want some updated reactions too

Yeah! 

I'm 27, spent like 15 years on forums and had any role you might have heard of in forums world, including newsteam, promoteam, etc! Though promoteam wasnt really my thing as promo is my weakness lol 

• paws up 1

Community Leader 2,817

I think we should avoid discussion of how we would want to be mods in this thread. It may clog it up. The time will come for mod apps, probably pretty soon, so we should probably wait until then to discuss it. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Community Leader 2,817
1 minute ago, BadGurlMadge said:

If we’re not attacking each other I see no problem with it!

I just think it'd be more productive to try to only focus on suggestions for this specific thread. Maybe another thread about moderation in general would be a good place for it, but I don't want Admin to have to go through posts about people wanting to be a mod. Keeping this thread for suggestions only will make it easier for Admin to locate all of them, imo

• paws up 1

• admin unfeatured this topic