POPa911 Suggestions

admin

Kindness Admin 6,892
1 minute ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Did a banner-ish thing, @admin tell if you like

Hide contents

spacer.png

That's really nice! I've had several people want to help with graphics and that will definitely be coming, although maybe not for a few weeks. Maybe start with a new logo contest?

• yaas, gaga 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,710

My only suggestion : share this forum everywhere, on Instagram, on Facebook, on Twitter, on Snapchat, on a music forum of your country, on Youtube, on Tiktok...etc

The most important goal is to gain in term of activity so move your a** as much as possible to share the forum. 

- Retweet or Like charts updates or news updates from the popa911 account on Twitter for example.

- Give the link of the forum on your facebook page and share your experience on the popa911 forum

- Use the hashtag #kindnessforum on Instagram and don't forget to put popa911 as a reference

- If you're doing videos on Youtube, put the link of the forum and you can share your kindness experience on the forum with your subscribers

- share your positive opinion about this forum with your friends, family, teachers, work colleague, at home, during diner...etc

- Show us your talents (dance, instrument, song...etc) on TikTok with the hashtag #Kindnessforum and the popa911 reference

....etc

Our community doesn't deserve a dictatorship ala Kirill so promote kindness everywhere as possible as you can. And imagine if Gaga notices the forum one day... She would be so happy to see her fans on a kindness place aka what she's fighting for since day 1.

Edited by Miaou
  • paws up 5
  • thanks 1

The Popster 41

I don't have any suggestions currently however already love what you've done @admin. If anything comes to mind I'll let you know. P.S @Nino brought me here haha. Will be great to get to know you all :romance:

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Popster 177
1 hour ago, Dirkje said:

I would be interested to help out as a community commitee(or how its gonna be called here) or as a moderator. I really care about forums in general so I really like to do my part to make sure forums stay on the internet! 

I did notice that the reactions work much better on mobile than desktop. Maybe they can be adjusted some way so that they're easily identifiable on both? 

I do want to thank @admin for everything they've done for this site! It's so awesome to have a new forum to be a part of! :gaga-thanks: 

• paws up 2

Community Leader 454

Regarding mods : what does the community think of either users being able to nominate other users, and/or users being able to nominate themselves, and bringing mods in based on community vote/recommendation?

Edited by Modern Ecstasy2
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster This Way 821
1 hour ago, admin said:

Hey all, I saw a request from @Ninoand a few others to have thread for suggestions and feedback on the website. I think that's a great idea so please use this space to make suggestions or requests.

The site got very big, very fast, so do please bare with me as I work through a growing list of tasks to complete with the site. Thank you to everyone for staying so kind and positive as well.

Edit: Mentioned this below, but I'm going to do monthly updates starting in November that's a bit like this list below. Updates on what's happening with the site and what features are upcoming. Also, maybe polls to see what changes people want.

A couple notes on some things coming over the next week in loose order:

• A revised homepage that primarily sorts items by forum category (Lady Gaga, Pop Music and Community).
  • Two new forums under Community: Kindness and News & Politics.
  • Revised guidelines which much more specifically outline what is unacceptable behavior and how it will be handled.
  • Some extra visibility into a user's pronouns when hovering a user's highlighted name.
  • Some new emojis
  • Apps to bring in some mods. There's a lot going on with just me watching over everything, so I will need some help. The main objective here is to find people who are passionate about our community and equally passionate about instilling kindness and inclusivity with sound judgement. As we all know, being a mod is not an easy job and it's easy to make mistakes. Mistakes are ok, but failing the community and leaving anyone feeling unprotected, unwelcome or discriminated against is not.

Thanks all, happy to you have you here.

You pretty much covered everything I was going to mention. If you need help with anything let me know!

(also yes, new emojis, we should probably come up with which specific emotions we'd like to see and go from there, just my thoughts.)

A Popster Is Born 17,026
51 minutes ago, Miaou said:

My only suggestion : share this forum everywhere, on Instagram, on Facebook, on Twitter, on Snapchat, on a music forum of your country, on Youtube, on Tiktok...etc

The most important goal is to gain in term of activity so move your a** as much as possible to share the forum. 

- Retweet or Like charts updates or news updates from the popa911 account on Twitter for example.

- Give the link of the forum on your facebook page and share your experience on the popa911 forum

- Use the hashtag #kindnessforum on Instagram and don't forget to put popa911 as a reference

- If you're doing videos on Youtube, put the link of the forum and you can share your kindness experience on the forum with your subscribers

- share your positive opinion about this forum with your friends, family, teachers, work colleague, at home, during diner...etc

- Show us your talents (dance, instrument, song...etc) on TikTok with the hashtag #Kindnessforum and the popa911 reference

....etc

Our community doesn't deserve a dictatorship ala Kirill so promote kindness everywhere as possible as you can. And imagine if Gaga notices the forum one day... She would be so happy to see her fans on a kindness place aka what she's fighting for since day 1.

Period miss cat.

Edited by Gypsy Life
  • paws up 1
  • hugs 1

Community Leader 2,817

I've noticed a few users accidentally posting something twice. I'm not sure if this is because they're getting used to a slightly different interface or not, but I think it would be worth looking into. It's happened more than it should, I think.

Also, on the discussion of refining/editing reactions, I think it would be best beneficial to have a moderation team at the start and then discuss the types of reactions we think would be beneficial to have and then go on design of them from there. I also love the idea of a graphic design contest! 

A promotional team would be a great idea. There are some fairly sizable TikTok and Instagram Gaga pages that we could probably reach out to to help promote the forum. 

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 656
14 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy2 said:

Regarding mods : what does the community think of either users being able to nominate other users, and/or users being able to nominate themselves, and bringing mods in based on community vote/recommendation?

I think it can be good, but I also think it opens the door to favoritism, especially on small forums where it might only take 12 member votes to be made a mod. I personally think it should be based on experience so we're not accidentally giving power to people who might use it irresponsibly. *cough*GP

3 minutes ago, Joannesrats said:

I've noticed a few users accidentally posting something twice. I'm not sure if this is because they're getting used to a slightly different interface or not, but I think it would be worth looking into. It's happened more than it should, I think.

I noticed this, as well. They might not understand the Multiquote feature.

Edited by Timmers

The Popster 59
1 minute ago, Joannesrats said:

Also, on the discussion of refining/editing reactions, I think it would be best beneficial to have a moderation team at the start and then discuss the types of reactions we think would be beneficial to have and then go on design of them from there. I also love the idea of a graphic design contest! 

A promotional team would be a great idea. There are some fairly sizable TikTok and Instagram Gaga pages that we could probably reach out to to help promote the forum. 

For me, I'm not sure if this is normal for any forum, but when I tried to edit one of my comments, it quoted the comment and I accidentally posted it. I'm not sure if that is what's happening to others though.

Community Leader 2,817
8 minutes ago, Aphrodite Lady said:

For me, I'm not sure if this is normal for any forum, but when I tried to edit one of my comments, it quoted the comment and I accidentally posted it. I'm not sure if that is what's happening to others though.

I haven't been experiencing that and I've made a surprising amount of edits. I think that part of it could be that the edit button on GGD was by the quote button. Do you think it's possible that you could be hitting 'quote' thinking it's the edit button? The interface is very similar to GGD here so we don't really notice those tiny difference. 

• paws up 1

You pretty much covered the most important things @admin

I would love to see a Community Committee (role-)system :) Means a group of people who will gather the community for games, contests, Discussions and other stuff like that!

Also I would definitely advice to add POCs and other minorities into the mod team as far as it’s possible! And/Or add a special role for another group of people monitoring especially discrimination!

Also the Logo competition is a great Idea. Maybe do a competition for the reactions too!

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

57 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy2 said:

I personally don’t think mods should be chosen by popular demand, I’d say this Admin seems trustworthy enough to make the decision himself, and as the mod team grows and more mods are allowed to apply then the team chooses themselves. I think GGD had a good system to choose mods, you just need a good and trustworthy mod team in the first place in order to entrust them with that task.

Edited by Fernando
  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 2

Community Leader 2,817

After using the site more and more, a static menu bar at the top would be greatly appreciated! I love it for quickly seeing my notifications and stuff. I definitely support the other people pushing for that! 

• admin unfeatured this topic