Ceremony । DISCO । Kylie

Impossible Princess

Popster to Popster 2,686

Welcome to the Megarate CEREMONY of highly anticipated on Kylie Minogue's 15th studio album - DISCO

Kylie-Minogue.jpg

“A disco ball allows you to see light in the darkness,” Kylie Minogue tells Apple Music, neatly encapsulating why her 15th album DISCO is a welcome bright spot in a distinctly dingy year. “I’ve turned off the dirt road and onto the supersonic highway—straight to the galactic disco.” Indeed, DISCO is a marked departure from 2018's country-tinged Golden, transporting its listeners straight to the kind of packed dance floor they could only dream of amid 2020’s global lockdown. And yet DISCO was recorded during isolation in a makeshift home studio made up of clothes rails, curtains, and blankets—all of which earned Minogue her first engineering credit (“I went to recording kindergarten and had to learn to use GarageBand,” she says). Minogue, of course, isn’t the only artist turning to disco as a radical form of escapism in 2020, a year that’s also seen Lady Gaga, Dua Lipa, Jessie Ware, and Róisín Murphy experiment with the genre. “At its inception, disco was a way of allowing people to dance through their struggle and pain,” says Minogue of why rolling back the years has proven such a tonic. “Some of the best disco songs are mission statements of strength. Even though I started recording before the dramas of 2020, there is a correlation.” 

1566ba1cc245917f25f3deb9ba83f8963daeaaed

Track-list

1. Magic

2. Miss a Thing

3. Real Groove

4. Monday Blues

5. Supernova

6. Say Something

7. Last Chance

8. I Love It

9. Where Does the DJ Go?

10. Dancefloor Darling

11. Unstoppable

12. Celebrate You

13. Till You Love Somebody

14. Fine Wine

15. Hey Lonely

16. Spotlight

6b4959b4da1353652434f909a858dc0056871701

Result:

Spoiler

STARTING IN 30 MINUTES! 

Edited by Anveeroy
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popster to Popster 3,788

Ready for Real Groove, Miss A Thing, Supernova, Where Does The DJ Go, I Love It, Spotlight, Unstoppable and Fine Wine to slay

• paws up 1