• Decent commercial and critical response, but you LOVE it
  3. 3. Gucci Oscars

• Wins Best Picture, but Gaga gets no nom
    • Wins a few oscars, but Gaga loses acting nom
    • Only a few noms, but Gaga wins for acting
  4. 4. Gucci soundtrack

• No Gaga songs, no one talks about it
    • Gaga songs, but it gets mixed reviews
    • Gaga releases another song at the level of Shallow, her acting gets panned

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/2021 at 05:00 PM

Kindness Admin 6,892

This isn't realistic at all, but fun to debate anyway. I want all the success, critical acclaim and Oscars.

Kindness Admin 6,892
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Gaga winning Best Actress would end everyone I fear

Then we get to focus on her winning a Tony :oscar:

Me and @BenGwill run the campaign.

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,689

Wishing Gaga the best! Which actors and movies do you think will be the biggest competition?

I don't follow the industry enough to really get a sense of the other upcoming anticipated releases. Last week was the first time I heard about Cruella :bradley:

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,752
12 minutes ago, NYNJ Nights said:

Wishing Gaga the best! Which actors and movies do you think will be the biggest competition?

I don't follow the industry enough to really get a sense of the other upcoming anticipated releases. Last week was the first time I heard about Cruella :bradley:

I'm still waiting to hear this year's :dead:

My extremely early predictions are

• Daniel Kaluuya for Judas and the Black Messiah - this was the main Sundance pick I've heard people talking about
  • probably something for The French Dispatch, In The Heights, and/or Dune
  • White Noise will be a magnum opus or be terrible. Also this is filming in June, so it might be released for the next awards season anyway.
  • Paul Thomas Anderson is also directing a movie called Soggy Bottom that probably has potential

no idea if any of these would be competitive category-wise with Gaga, or even Gucci

I saw Gold Derby has a thread on it here that looks interesting. I think the /r/oscarrace subreddit has a few, too.

I think the Oscars are essentially a sham but it never stops me from completely geeking out and being outraged over the snubs with the rest of film twitter :icant:

• thanks 1

Kindness Admin 6,892
1 hour ago, WildAmerican said:

I think whatever happens, it would be hard to match the cultural impact of ASIB. Half of that would be great tbh. I'd go for super acclaimed but not really all that commercially successful.

That's real. it's like her coming after TF-TFM-BTW all in one. We have to remember that you don't usually get to strike gold like that twice in a row.

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 428

I want to love it, and at least not get ripped apart critically. Don’t care about commercial success at all, I just don’t want anybody panning Gagz. If she could win an acting Oscar that would be beyond amazing!

Kindness Admin 6,892
17 hours ago, GitHub said:

I'm still waiting to hear this year's :dead:

My extremely early predictions are

• Daniel Kaluuya for Judas and the Black Messiah - this was the main Sundance pick I've heard people talking about
  • probably something for The French Dispatch, In The Heights, and/or Dune
  • White Noise will be a magnum opus or be terrible. Also this is filming in June, so it might be released for the next awards season anyway.
  • Paul Thomas Anderson is also directing a movie called Soggy Bottom that probably has potential

no idea if any of these would be competitive category-wise with Gaga, or even Gucci

I saw Gold Derby has a thread on it here that looks interesting. I think the /r/oscarrace subreddit has a few, too.

I think the Oscars are essentially a sham but it never stops me from completely geeking out and being outraged over the snubs with the rest of film twitter :icant:

It's all such a mess right now. I usually try to see all the Oscar contenders and notable films of the year that are overlooked. But this past year I have literally no idea what's even happening, never mind next year.

PS Soggy Bottoms is my (theoretical) drag name.

• lol 2

Popster to Popster 3,752
16 minutes ago, admin said:

It's all such a mess right now. I usually try to see all the Oscar contenders and notable films of the year that are overlooked. But this past year I have literally no idea what's even happening, never mind next year.

PS Soggy Bottoms is my (theoretical) drag name.

Yeah outside of a few notable movies, I feel really out of the loop. I never realized how much I actually rely on trailers when I go to the theaters :mess:

• paws up 1