Charts Discussion - Gaga already crossed 1B on spotify this year

Andreu

Pop-a-911-ster 27,146

I mean... we’re all laughing etc but... would a new Gaga track without TTH and radios début on Hot 100? Can’t be sure about that. Hopefully if it exists they do everything right for Top Gun Song.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,848

I will be happy if BTW re-charts in the US this week, OGH have already screenshotted the billboards and Spotify banners and came for its 1.4m update yesterday so it'll be funny to watch them increase the threshold 'BTW misses the top 180. Why?'

04682B57-2F4B-44CB-BD78-20B740DEB877.thu

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,915
1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

I mean... we’re all laughing etc but... would a new Gaga track without TTH and radios début on Hot 100? Can’t be sure about that. Hopefully if it exists they do everything right for Top Gun Song.

Stupid love effortlessly went #5 so its hard to believe it not being placed on TTH would make a difference big enough to miss tje top100 :eyega:

The cure debuted in the middle section with no promo, no video and released halfway theough the tracking week

so yes we can be sure:twoface:

• paws up 7
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,855
x3

iTunes WW: 

#22(+3) Barbara Pravi

Voilà

iTunes (5x #1):

#1 Belgium (=)

#1 Cyprus (+149)

#1 France (=)

#1 Luxembourg (=)

#1 Netherlands (=)

#2 Germany (-1)

#2 Spain (=)

#2 Switzerland (=)

#6 Norway (-2)

#6 Portugal (-3)

#7 Sweden (-4)

#8 Austria (-2)

#8 Finland (-2)

#11 Denmark (-1)

#14 United Kingdom (-5)

#29 Ireland (-3)

#42 Italy (-16)

#44 Russia (-12)

#49 Cambodia (-19)

#58 Belarus (-22)

#63 Slovenia (-23)

#75 Australia (-30)

#97 Mexico (-45)

#175 Malta (NE)

#297 Canada (-143)

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

"radios"??? :whatga: As if radios are willing to play her nowadays.

Of course it would debut on the hot 100! If it was a massive tank I could see it having a top 20-30 debut and a 2, 3 week chart run. But it wouldn't be OUT, that's for sure. You underestimate Gaga way too much. Btw, there are more playlists out there apart from TTH.

Edited by Ms I am a local
  • paws up 4

Moderator 16,295
4 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Alice debuted on the Hot 100 without any TTH or radio. It wasn't even a single, had no video etc.

• paws up 6

Popstanne 8,886
3 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Till It Happens To You #95 (No TTH, No radio, made available on itunes 8 months after release)

Is That Alright #63 (No TTH, No radio, No music video)

Alice #84 (No TTH, No radio, No music video)

• paws up 3

Moderator 16,295

Shallow cover

Bubbling Under

#14 (-1) Shallow *peak #7* 14 weeks

Country Airplay

#25 (-1) Shallow *peak #24* 24 weeks

Hot Country Songs

#28 (+1) Shallow *new peak* 28 weeks

• paws up 3
  • lol 1

Gaga's position on both streaming and overall public image can't even be compared to Katy's. SL didn't have any longevity and all you want, but it still debuted with +5M streams on its first day vs. 1,2M streams for Electric, not even comparable... And it currently has 250M streams, poor numbers for an artist that grew on streaming, but for Gaga, I think it's quite decent, considering the streams of the rest of her catalogue. This is of course thanks to ASIB and let's see the impact of Chromatica on Gaga's position on streaming, because I think it definitely helped... (Tho it could have done much better, poor playlisting for 911, no real single after ROM, etcetera).

Ms I am a local

Edited by Ms I am a local

Pop-a-911-ster 27,146
6 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

Till It Happens To You #95 (No TTH, No radio, made available on itunes 8 months after release)

Is That Alright #63 (No TTH, No radio, No music video)

Alice #84 (No TTH, No radio, No music video)

Well it also depends of the week. If it's busy or not. Katy wasn't lucky with those 12 J Cole songs and some Nicki.

Moderator 16,295
1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

Well it also depends of the week. If it's busy or not. Katy wasn't lucky with those 12 J Cole songs and some Nicki.

And Gaga makes her own mini album bomb like Nicki :ohhh:

• paws up 1

13 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

This was released in September 2015 and didn’t chart, it went #95 only after Oscars performance

A good example would be Shallow, which debuted at #28 before ASIB album and movie were released, with no radio deal and INLA was having more playlisting than it since it was supposed to be the main single.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,833

Some people likes to trash on Stupid Love's performance as a single but imagine if Katy had that kind of performance with a song nowadays, her fanbase would probably lose their sh*t over it (I'm not into Katy but I kinda feel a bit bad about how she performs in terms of singles nowadays)

• lol 1

1 minute ago, LGMonster95 said:

Some people likes to trash on Stupid Love's performance as a single but imagine if Katy had that kind of performance with a song nowadays, her fanbase would probably lose their sh*t over it (I'm not into Katy but I kinda feel a bit bad about how she performs in terms of singles nowadays)

They’re actually doing it with NRO, they’re clinging to it like it’s Katy’s own Shallow :mess:

• lol 1

• Dirkje locked this topic