ARTPOP: Honest opinions from honest humans

little legend

Pop-a-911-ster 26,763
x3

Hello decent and honest human beings.

This is the ARTPOP opinion thread. You can share your love or shade ARTPOP here . It's a safe zone for everyone. Just don't overcross the limits. 

So share your opinion. 

Also LOVE react this post if you love ARTPOP 

SAD react this post if you don't like ARTPOP

• sad 2
  • love 7

Pop-a-911-ster 20,588

ARTPOP was the reason me and my best friend became besties, so it’ll always have a very special place in my heart.

A lot of the songs bring back memories from my personal life and experiences, and I can relate with a lot of the lyrics on this album. It just makes me feel a certain way, that no other album can. 

ARTPOPster for life :lesson: 

• paws up 3
  • hugs 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,745

I feel like everything everyone had to say about the album was already said, and that unless someone sparks the fire for whatever reason we don't want to have the same discussion on a fourth day on a row. Anyways, I think we all know AP is her most polarising album, so there are a lot of people who adore it (like I do) but also many people who think its her weakest album. Disliking is totally fine of course, but there's no need to drag it every time someone brings it up.

• paws up 4

I think, next to Chromatica, it's her strongest piece of work. From start to finish it's an adrenaline trip that seems to know when to perfectly add and decrease the amount of power it gives off.

Song's like Swine, Dope and Mary Jane Holland remain as some of her best. Dope and Swine in particular are two of her most emotionally haunting songs. 

ARTPOP is loud, it's experimental and it's impossible to listen without feeling every emotion available

Mary Jane Holland -Into- Dope -Into- Gypsy remains the greatest trio of songs to be created, and Applause the perfect album closer 

• paws up 3

The Fame Popster 382

Artpop is one of my favorite albums, I love the over the top, heavy edm production. Songs like Venus, Applause, G.U.Y., ARTPOP, and Mary Jane Holland are some of her best songs. It didn't deserve the hate it got. Just because it wasn't insanely popular like her first 2 albums doesn't mean it was a flop or bad.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,752

After I watched ASIB in fall 2019, I passively listened to all of Gaga's albums and (tbh) ARTPOP was the only one that stood out to me as a collective body of work. I texted my friend who is a HUGE Gaga fan since 2008, "I just listened to all of Lady Gaga's albums and I like ARTPOP the best." She just replied, "You would."

What do we think that means 🤔

• lol 2

Moderator 3,690

Artpop probably is my least favourite Gaga album. There are extremely strong moments there: I love Sexxx Dreams, Artpop (song), DWUW, but there are also songs that I really don't enjoy: Swine, JND, Aura. For me it is Gaga's most uneven album and maybe even least cohesive album, but I understand how it means a lot to some people and Gaga. 

11 hours ago, GitHub said:

After I watched ASIB in fall 2019, I passively listened to all of Gaga's albums and (tbh) ARTPOP was the only one that stood out to me as a collective body of work. I texted my friend who is a HUGE Gaga fan since 2008, "I just listened to all of Lady Gaga's albums and I like ARTPOP the best." She just replied, "You would."

What do we think that means 🤔

It means you have taste :arguega:.

My unpopular opinion is that all the changes she made to the final versions of the songs were either neutral or for the better. Sexxx Dreams and MANiCURE in particular improved immensely.

• thanks 2

ARTPOPster 2,173
13 hours ago, GODPOP said:

It means you have taste :arguega:.

My unpopular opinion is that all the changes she made to the final versions of the songs were either neutral or for the better. Sexxx Dreams and MANiCURE in particular improved immensely.

The “iTunes fest” version of Sexxx Dreams is so much less impactful and the bridge is just written pretty poorly, worse than Plastic Doll :katy:

100% agree 💅

• shook 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,420

It has high highs and low lows, the first four are immaculate bangers, but then there are some absolutely putrid songs in the back half of the album. The production is a hot mess for most of it tho and that's part of what makes it unappealing.

Top Songs:

- Aura

- Venus

- GUY 

- Sexxx Dreams

- Gypsy 

- Applause

The rest to me are either meh or awful  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by WildAmerican

Popster to Popster 3,689

I re-listened to this album during quarantine and was surprised at how much more I liked it versus 8 years ago, mainly because I can relate to the lyrics more and despite the album representing a traumatic era in Gaga’s career, it does come off as a high-energy, feel good album which was much needed at the time.

I think Chromatica is Gaga’s better attempt at the “dance through pain” theme with its clearer lyrics and toned down production (although in some songs I think the production is a little too toned down/safe)

I’d say ARTPOP is tied with Joanne as my fourth fave album, depending on my mood, behind BTW-TFM-Chromatica