Charts Discussion - Dancing to Dawn Of Chromatica

corvus albus

Pop-a-911-ster 27,941

FN era peaks in Spain

#12 DSN

#24 Physical

#22 BMH

#73 Hallucinate

#71 Levitating (as a part of the album bomb)

#74 Levitating remix

Fever and We're Good failed to chart

23 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:
The most streamed songs from Chromatica on Spotify & YouTube (official uploads).

1. Rain On Me - 1022.9 m.
2. Stupid Love - 427.1 m.
3. Sour Candy - 355.6 m.
4. 911 - 202.8 m.
5. Alice - 66.5 m.
6. Free Woman - 62.9 m.
7. Replay - 53.7 m.
8. Sine From Above - 52.7 m.

Do you have results for the remaining songs? 

Moderator 16,317

Future Nostalgia era peaks in Germany

#10 DSN

#14 Physical

#16 Levitating

#26 BMH

#52 We're Good

#85 Fever

New Rules is still her biggest solo song. One Kiss, her biggest song overall.

Pop-a-911-ster 27,271

The most streamed songs from Chromatica on Spotify & YouTube (official uploads).

9. Babylon - 47.6 m.
10. Enigma - 42.9 m.
11. Fun Tonight - 42.2 m.
12. Plastic Doll - 41.2 m.
13. Chromatica II - 38.3 m.
14. 1000 Doves - 35.3 m.
15. Chromatica I - 31.8 m.
16. Chromatica III - 3.3 m.
  • paws up 2

The Fame Popster 288
1 hour ago, DonnieDarko said:

Oh and yes, we know which album gained more acclaim and more success. 
:mess:

I'm not sure it's fair to compare 'success' of artists at 2 totally different stages in their careers. Prior to H&H, Ava Max's last single to chart (U.S.) was released Aug 17, 2018; ~2 yrs later, after her label lost momentum by holding back an EP/LP, she got a #13 hit with K&Q + moderate hit with #45 MHMH. That's pretty damn good in terms of success.

It also seems weird to bring acclaim and success into a convo you insist is merely about the quality of sampling. I'm not sure how you are evaluating said quality, but to me, the use of samples cheapens an output and therefore, I 'get' it for an artist cementing her place in the biz like Ava. And, it makes sense that, as a result, she has a few hit singles / gets decent acclaim (73 on AOTY.org). From a quick glean of H&H reviews, many cite a lack of personality. I agree, and hope without the weight of releasing her 1st album, AM can evolve. 

Meanwhile, per usual, the 'rules' don't seem to apply Ms. 2Lips. Other acts are told "dance music is dead!" or have songs died on Radio because "callouts!" while FN dance-pop singles were carried heavily by Radio (BMH, Levitating, WG). Though she's a BNA winner in her sophomore era, a 'lack of personality' hasn't stopped DL/FN (with *4*+ singles w/ samples - BMH, Physical, Prisoner, Love Again) from success (1 Grammy, 2 top 10s) and acclaim (88 MC). 

But, 'quality,' I guess? 

1 hour ago, 0707alp said:

Judas is pure perfection, every single thing is what it is supposed to be, please take away your wrong opinion ( I might have agreed  with others tho)

Yea, I appreciate a review of Gaga's videography from a technical POV, but if a few shadows ruin your experience, I think you might be losing the forest for the trees. Despite having more $ and celebrity now, it's no surprise she's released few visual projects that come close to the artistry of her earlier days (911, maybe ROM).

Haus of Gaga wasn't about being perfect. That's what made it so exciting. It was about over-the-top ideas and concepts thrown together in a way nobody else would dare to. The Fame visuals were totally tacky, yet that was who Gaga was and what the era was all about.

She can afford to shoot Paparazzi w/ better effects, acting, and wardrobe now, but why? She could shoot Telephone w/ 0 product endorsements now, but why? She could've made MTN 3:00, but why? I 100% agree the Housewives in GUY MV were weird and the fact she never explained it is the issue - but, if there was a meaning behind it, who cares if someone stumbles onto it and goes "WTF?" Gaga (2008 - 2014) was always "WTF?" 

53 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Britney Spears Chart History | Billboard

I found this interesting:

Chromatica will go 40 weeks on BB200 next week, and if the remix album and more vinyls help it chart for 6 more weeks (it's not too unrealistic) then it'll have out-charted every Britney album since 2001:whatga:

Meh, I don't see a point comparing streaming-era chart-runs to those from the digital, and especially pre-digital, days. In 2021, teens/tweens across the U.S. would be streaming tracks like BOMT, Lucky, Toxic, etc. forever. It's nonsensical to expect 15-year olds to have begged their parents to bring them to the mall every day for 2 years to buy a CD they already had so that their spin could count toward BB200. 

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

The Fame Popster 288
1 hour ago, corvus albus said:

Replay, effortlessly slaying despite no exposure :giveup:

1 hour ago, Delusional said:

Should have been the lead. Should. Have. Been. The. Lead. 

Replay was my favorite song after 1 listen and remains #1 to this day. It is the PERFECT Pop song for post-ASIB Gaga; it showed she could do mid and up-tempo dance-pop that;
1. was relevant / innovative sonically: the disco and house influences were on-point for 2020-2021, but the production had a more chaotic quality to it that helped enhance the subject matter, IMO.
2. had mature lyricism: she took a deeply personal and heavy subject like PTSD and turned it into a track that was euphoric enough to dance to, but intelligent enough to make you think.

I can't express how perfect a vehicle that song should've been for bridging this part of her career. In 1 song, she combines her pre- and post-ASIB talentry, her BTWF mission, her lyricism, disco and house sounds that fit not only 2020-2021 Pop but her own Residencies even... ugh.

I think Alice > 911 > Replay tells a better story in terms of singles (with ROM thrown in for commercial success). For sure, 911 and Replay both should've been singles, and either/both could've been used as fundraisers for BTWF and mental health in the midst of a global pandemic. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,941
37 minutes ago, JustJames said:

Meh, I don't see a point comparing streaming-era chart-runs to those from the digital, and especially pre-digital, days. In 2021, teens/tweens across the U.S. would be streaming tracks like BOMT, Lucky, Toxic, etc. forever. It's nonsensical to expect 15-year olds to have begged their parents to bring them to the mall every day for 2 years to buy a CD they already had so that their spin could count toward BB200. 

fair point, but they are also the ones that started comparing pure sales from then to pure sales of current albums :whatga:

• yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 16,317

Shallow cover

Bubbling Under

#13 (-1) Shallow *peak #7* 17 weeks

Country Airplay

#23 (=) Shallow *peak at #23 for three weeks* 27 weeks

Hot Country Songs

#28 (=) Shallow *peak #28* 31 weeks

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,182
18 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Shallow cover

Bubbling Under

#13 (-1) Shallow *peak #7* 17 weeks

Country Airplay

#23 (=) Shallow *peak at #23 for three weeks* 27 weeks

Hot Country Songs

#28 (=) Shallow *peak #28* 31 weeks

This is sadly going nowhere. Expected better tbh :katy:

But hey promo is promo I guess

A Popster Is Born 17,208
41 minutes ago, ChromaticaOreos said:

I don't understand why you guys shade members who do long posts. Isn't the purpose of this forum to discuss things? :receipts:

I don’t think anyone shaded that member tho. He just missed the point with his long reply to my post, I don’t know about other comments he made in that particular post towards other members.

We were joking like usual and the member came in without knowing the context and gave us this long, not necessarily incorrect, lecture. But yes, this is a forum and everyone should be able to write and share however long posts they like.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 3