Born This Way reimagined by Orville Peck OUT NOW

boobatella

Popster to Popster 4,583

This doesn't do a whole lot for me personally, but I think it's neat and I'm glad she's continuing to highlight artists with less notoriety that aren't super obvious.  And truly thankful they changed the lyrics, I wonder if they'll be changed on the album version as well for the rerelease

• paws up 3

Popster to Popster 3,689

I like the simplicity to this one and think Orville's vocals really bring out the country vibe here. Glad about the lyric changes as well. 

• paws up 1

Popstanne 5,076
46 minutes ago, NotDoctor said:

This doesn't do a whole lot for me personally, but I think it's neat and I'm glad she's continuing to highlight artists with less notoriety that aren't super obvious.  And truly thankful they changed the lyrics, I wonder if they'll be changed on the album version as well for the rerelease

I'm also wondering if she'll change the lyrics when she performs the song. I hope so. 

• paws up 1

Popstanne 5,076

The way people on that other site are defending the original lyrics and laughing at people who are praising the changes and claiming that "words don't matter." Um, no, they certainly do matter. "Oriental" is a word to be used for rugs and vases, not people. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2
  • love 1

Popstanne 5,076

So now I'm getting in a fight with users at that other site who think "all words will offend someone" so it's not big deal that a bunch of people were offended by BTW's original lyrics. I can't. 

Yeah, I know I shouldn't even waste my time on a site that enables transphobia and racism... 

Edited by Franch Toast
  • paws up 2
  • hugs 1
  • love 1

The Fame Popster 401

I would love to see them perform this together :whatga: 

I like the reference to the country road version... I wonder if she's heard his cover of Fancy because the opening of BTW is actually very, very Fancy now that I think about it. 

The x in Latinx is meant to sound like anything but *white girl voice* ex so hopefully if she uses this term, she's a bit closer to the correct pronunciation. It's really just an academic (read: written) term so it's tricky. 

• paws up 2
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,319
1 hour ago, blue said:

The x in Latinx is meant to sound like anything but *white girl voice* ex so hopefully if she uses this term, she's a bit closer to the correct pronunciation. It's really just an academic (read: written) term so it's tricky. 

latinx: more like Kleenex and less like “my Latin ex”

In conversation I’ve hear people use Latine as well, I suppose it really depends on who I’m conversing with and which they prefer but personally I just think latine is easier to pronounce and flows more smoothly in everyday conversation 

• paws up 1

2 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

So now I'm getting in a fight with users at that other site who think "all words will offend someone" so it's not big deal that a bunch of people were offended by BTW's original lyrics. I can't. 

Yeah, I know I shouldn't even waste my time on a site that enables transphobia and racism... 

You’re gonna get b worded just for mentioning THOSE people.

• lol 1

The Popster 119

It’s okay but I just can’t process this reimagined songs properly since my mind always compare them to the original which is irreplaceable for me.

Especially this BTW country road version. Gaga’s singing there was godlike :kiss: 

Edited by FFXIV WhiteMage