COVID-19 discussion

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812
On 12/21/2021 at 3:30 PM, Miaou said:

13K new cases in Denmark the equivalence of 160K+ cases in 24 hours in France/UK

:rip:

we better pray that it won’t affect the hospitals 

:rip:

Much lower "cases" for you actually :icant:

Your testing capacity is even lower than the UK's

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812

Hospitalisation risk for Omicron cases in England

"The estimates suggest that Omicron cases have, on average, a 15-20% reduced risk of any hospitalisation and an approximately 40% reduced risk of a hospitalisation resulting in a stay of one or more nights. Reinfection is associated with approximately a 50-60% reduction in hospitalisation risk compared with primary infections.

[...]

Professor Neil Ferguson from Imperial College London said: “Our analysis shows evidence of a moderate reduction in the risk of hospitalisation associated with the Omicron variant compared with the Delta variant. However, this appears to be offset by the reduced efficacy of vaccines against infection with the Omicron variant. Given the high transmissibility of the Omicron virus, there remains the potential for health services to face increasing demand if Omicron cases continue to grow at the rate that has been seen in recent weeks.”"

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/232882/some-reduction-hospitalisation-omicron-delta-englandearly/

*The work is not yet peer-reviewed.

Edited by BenG
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,718

I mean even if the hospitalisation risk is lower with Omicron it won’t change the fact that the hospitals could be destroyed with its insane spread 

It will be the same impact as Delta at the end since Omicron will touch almost everyone 

Edited by Miaou
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812

Updated UK Statistics on COVID-19 infection

Estimated average ratio of the population that had COVID-19, week ending 16 December 2021 (week ending 11 December 2021)

• England: 1 in 45 (previously 1 in 60)
  • Wales: 1 in 55 (previously 1 in 55)
  • Northern Ireland: 1 in 50 (previously 1 in 50)
  • Scotland: 1 in 70 (previously 1 in 80)

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812

Updated UK Statistics on COVID-19 infection

Estimated average ratio of the population that had COVID-19, week ending 19 December 2021 (week ending 16 December 2021)

• England: 1 in 35 (previously 1 in 45)
  • Wales: 1 in 45 (previously 1 in 55)
  • Northern Ireland: 1 in 40 (previously 1 in 50)
  • Scotland: 1 in 65 (previously 1 in 70)

Around 1 in 20 people had COVID-19 in London.

Pop-a-911-ster 26,718
On 12/27/2021 at 8:55 PM, BenG said:

The higher transmissibility clearly outweighs the lower risk of hospitalisations :mess:

It will be a mess in January :mess: our intensive cares’s numbers are still rising and this is still Delta :mess: 

66% of the french intensive cares capacity are now only Covid :mess:

Pop-a-911-ster 38,812

There were 1,281 hospitalisations on 25 December in England, up 74% week-on-week.

In London, there were 364 hospitalisations, up 73% week-on-week.

The UK government is watching the hospitalisation data in London closely as the rest of the country lags the capital in the spread of the Omicron variant. 400 daily hospitalisations is widely regarded as the threshold for the need to introduce stricter measures.

Pop-a-911-ster 26,718

https://www.cityam.com/omicron-hospitalisations-wave-rises-up-pm-decides-new-curbs/

« The number of hospitalisations related to the Omicron variant is climbing rapidly across the UK, with a jump of 67 per cent in London alone.

Across the UK, there were 36 per cent more hospital admissions in the week ended 24 December.

According to the Health Service Journal, hospitalisations for Omicron skyrocket in the capital, where numbers have gone up 67 per cent compared with the week ended 17 December, the highest rate since 23 February. »

But I thought Omicron was mild :mess: the big MESS is coming :mess:

Popstanne 5,076
On 12/28/2021 at 10:25 AM, Miaou said:

https://www.cityam.com/omicron-hospitalisations-wave-rises-up-pm-decides-new-curbs/

« The number of hospitalisations related to the Omicron variant is climbing rapidly across the UK, with a jump of 67 per cent in London alone.

Across the UK, there were 36 per cent more hospital admissions in the week ended 24 December.

According to the Health Service Journal, hospitalisations for Omicron skyrocket in the capital, where numbers have gone up 67 per cent compared with the week ended 17 December, the highest rate since 23 February. »

But I thought Omicron was mild :mess: the big MESS is coming :mess:

Omicron is supposed to be mild for most people, but because more people are contracting it, that means there will be a greater number of people needing hospitalization even though percentage-wise, the people who need to be hospitalized from it is down. 

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 319

I tested positive via rapid test on the 24th, got a PCR test yesterday and the result is negative.

I am soooooo confused but the public health unit here says I should stay isolating for ten days since the positive test and take a second PCR test, but it's so hard to find an appointment for one if you don't want to pay $200 :awkney:

So far my symptoms have been pretty mild, mostly I have been tired and my muscles are a bit sore.

Stay safe everyone!

• hugs 3

Pop-a-911-ster 26,718
On 12/28/2021 at 5:58 PM, Franch Toast said:

By the way @Miaou, how are you feeling? 

I’m feeling great ! I had only a huge headache and a little fever last week but nothing serious

my quarantine ended yesterday 

thanks you for your concern :love:

• love 1