Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

A Popster Is Born 11,852

HAC is her home, it seems to be set in stone - even BM boomed on tiktok with under 21's and she can't go top 10.
I think she is too global for pop radio and really clicks with older listeners. It's good, but she is gonna struggle to get long chartruns in the USA with just HAC.

Spotify Global Weekly
Million Reasons
#79 peak, 27 weeks 

97m steams in total

Million Reasons will hit 700m total streams this week :applause:

it never touched TTH and only accrued 97m of those streams from the Spotify Charts. MR living proof Gaga is not frontloaded every time (a team beyonce ending haters narratives with Cuff IT/BMS teas)

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1
  • love 1

The Fame Popster 291
On 3/21/2023 at 6:54 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

HAC is her home, it seems to be set in stone - even BM boomed on tiktok with under 21's and she can't go top 10.
I think she is too global for pop radio and really clicks with older listeners. It's good, but she is gonna struggle to get long chartruns in the USA with just HAC.

it never touched TTH and only accrued 97m of those streams from the Spotify Charts. MR living proof Gaga is not frontloaded every time (a team beyonce ending haters teas)

So, which is it? She can't get long chart-runs without Pop Radio support, or Million Reasons (like Shallow) show she can reach 20(+) wks barely scraping Top 20 on the format? 

For the 1000th time, Gaga's never come close to the Pop/Total Airplay peaks of Katy, Rihanna, Beyonce, etc. She has a few >100M AI songs, when those other acts have several with >200M. BM is a big success on Pop/Overall Radio; very few Gaga singles have cracked 40M AI in recent years, and her avg. is like 65M. 

Gaga's always been about making pop culture. Her success came from a mix of sales, streams, radio, visuals, fashion, etc. Her performances continue to garner praise/go viral despite the decline of TV; she's still 1 of the top Western Acts on YT despite the platform trends; her tour was a smash with few dates.

Would Taylor fans argue whether a production strike / no physical sales hurt her? Would Rih fans argue whether a radio boycott hurt her? Would Dua fans argue whether Spotify servers going down hurt her? No, They know their favorite artist's strengths. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 21,991
On 3/21/2023 at 5:15 AM, derpmonster said:

Omar Apollo looked so different without a mustache and curls :dead:

spacer.png

Reveal hidden contents

He looks like @Andreu here

looks like a JFAG anyway LMAO

• lol 1

We are literally entering the 4th month of the year, anyone expecting BM to do anything but drop on all factors is being delulu :laughga: she ain't The Weeknd and that's perfectly fine. I just hope she has studio sessions booked for late Spring/Summer after the obvious post-JFAD break.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 21,991
On 3/21/2023 at 10:14 AM, 0606060 said:

We are literally entering the 4th month of the year, anyone expecting BM to do anything but drop on all factors is being delulu :laughga: she ain't The Weeknd and that's perfectly fine. I just hope she has studio sessions booked for late Spring/Summer after the obvious post-JFAD break.

obvious break? stop resting b*ch release ARTPOP II :laughga:

• lol 3

On 3/21/2023 at 9:16 AM, emig_09 said:

obvious break? stop resting b*ch release ARTPOP II :laughga:

Bloodshart made Dawn of Chromatica while Gaga was feeding chickens, I'm sure DJWS can figure something out with the 11 year old demos and little input

wendy williams what GIF

• lol 2

On 3/21/2023 at 2:20 PM, 0606060 said:

I'm sure DJWS can figure something out with the 11 year old demos and little input

wendy williams what GIF

DJWS admitted it will be hard mainly for some deals issues not creative

Gaga has signed a deal making hard using some old scrapped music unmess she totally reworks it and make it sound different (see Earthquake becoming Fashion of His Love)

I don't see ACT 2 happening as he said there will be a celebration 'maybe not the kind of things we are expecting it to be'

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 11,852
On 3/21/2023 at 12:24 PM, JustJames said:

So, which is it? She can't get long chart-runs without Pop Radio support, or Million Reasons (like Shallow) show she can reach 20(+) wks barely scraping Top 20 on the format? 

Good examples bestie

These songs quality timeless ballads that will rack up units regardless of her battle with US radio and the struggle on billboard (MR didn't make the YEC despite a #4 peak)
Also, I agree gaga is about making pop culture.
but just looking at the day-to-day radio updates in a charts thread for her recent singles, and now tiktok hit that is totally radio fuelled - the observation that she not having full radio support for the billboard100 chart is still valid... but it is what it is :stable:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

Moderator 16,355

Germany Jazz YEC 2021

#3 Love For Sale

Germany Jazz YEC 2022

#9 Love For Sale

France? Not even top 10 in 2022 :ohhh: Frontloadad mess in France and longevity queen in Germany?

• lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 1

On 3/21/2023 at 4:33 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Good examples bestie

These songs quality timeless ballads that will rack up units regardless of her battle with US radio and the struggle on billboard (MR didn't make the YEC despite a #4 peak)
Also, I agree gaga is about making pop culture. but just looking at the day-to-day radio updates in a charts thread for her recent singles, and now tiktok hit that is totally radio fuelled, the observation that she  not having full radio support for the billboard100 chart is still valid... but it is what it is :stable:

Her only issue is having a decent chart run inside Pop radio top10. 

As you can see Bloody Mary struggle to get a Top10 peak. Stupid Love also peaked at #11 and Rain on Me barely get it for a week and then it was over.

Her relationship with radio programmers are too weak. She used to tour all the stations make sure they play her music and iheartradio set during their awards and their xmas shows. 

We need them back back back.

• little legend changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread,
  • corvus albus locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic