Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

Moderator 16,369
On 3/21/2023 at 3:18 PM, BloodyMary said:

Her relationship with radio programmers are too weak. She used to tour all the stations make sure they play her music and iheartradio set during their awards and their xmas shows. 

She did all that during Joanne for PI and MR and pop radio payed her dust. Touring radio stations won't do anything for her at this point.

• paws up 4

On 3/21/2023 at 5:20 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Was really ever a US radio darling tho? 

Only delusional stans believe US radio never really played her music. 

She is actually maybe the only person ever to be supported to high heavens by pop radio with non stop#1s until end of 2011.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Moderator 16,369
On 3/21/2023 at 3:32 PM, BloodyMary said:

She is actually maybe the only person ever to be supported to high heavens by pop radio with non stop#1s until end of 2011.

Alejandro already didn't reach #1 and from BTW only the lead got to #1 on pop radio. TEOG got stranded at #3, Y&I #7 Judas #15 and MTN #14.

• paws up 1

On 3/21/2023 at 10:32 AM, BloodyMary said:

Reminded me of 50 cents calling her out on it:

"Her records go to Top 40 and crossover radio immediately. You can't really compare it to any artist that would be considered a pop artist or a white artist."

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/50-cent-claims-lady-gaga-success-easier-050741821.html?guccounter=1

On 3/21/2023 at 5:43 PM, corvus albus said:

Alejandro already didn't reach #1 and from BTW only the lead got to #1 on pop radio. TEOG got stranded at #3, Y&I #7 Judas #15 and MTN #14.

Maybe you are not educated enough to know how Top40 landscape worked back in the day. Singles released at that time didnt spend 8384383737374 weeks inside Top10. 
It was maybe the most crowded hit after hit time of all times. 

TEOG going #3 is a miracle in the middle of 2011. People werent obsessed with #1 and every single Top10 songs were confirmed hits in 2011.

All the people that are considered legends today were new and upcoming artists at their prime in May/June 2011. 

Moderator 16,369
On 3/21/2023 at 3:53 PM, BloodyMary said:

Maybe you are not educated enough to know how Top40 landscape worked back in the day. Singles released at that time didnt spend 8384383737374 weeks inside Top10. 
It was maybe the most crowded hit after hit time of all times. 

TEOG going #3 is a miracle in the middle of 2011. People werent obsessed with #1 and every single Top10 songs were confirmed hits in 2011.

All the people that are considered legends today were new and upcoming artists at their prime in May/June 2011. 

Maybe you could have had a point if we were talking about the pop charts, but we weren't. I answered to your claim that all of Gagas singles until 2011 reached #1 on the POP RADIO FORMAT. Alejandro didn't get to #1, your claim was wrong. Simple as that. All other placements were from Mainstream Top 40 radio as well, not the Top 100 charts.

I can disregard everything else you said, as you haven't even bothered to put any thought into your answer :awkney:

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 11,852
On 3/21/2023 at 2:18 PM, BloodyMary said:

Her only issue is having a decent chart run inside Pop radio top10. 

She has always had relatively lower AI for her smashes on US radio, and that worsened during 2011 and got flat out horrid when she turned 30. A lot of the tanking was 18-24 panning her hard dragging down the callout results

with Bloody Mary as we all know it blew up from wednsday/tiktok thats a heavily younger skewed audience, and along with the callout change, pop comeback, Meghan/Bey/Brit getting radio hits etc  i did think this one would beat the odds at last.

But, she at least has HAC/AC format - no matter the genre of song it seems - some don't even have that, and you can still get acceptable runs that way :shine:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09

A Popster Is Born 17,210
On 3/21/2023 at 3:32 PM, BloodyMary said:

Only delusional stans believe US radio never really played her music. 

Are you saying there are Lady Gaga stans that believe the us radio didn’t play her music and they are being called delusional by you? I’m lost. Either way a bit too hostile, Alex. 

Popster to Popster 4,971
On 3/21/2023 at 11:20 AM, DonnieDarko said:

Was really ever a US radio darling tho? 

I mean, all of her singles until Telephone (+ BTW) went #1 on pop radio

Regarding the AI thing, I'm pretty sure all songs back then had less AI than nowadays, simply because there were fewer stations

Edited by Lazz Monster

On 3/21/2023 at 6:26 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Are you saying there are Lady Gaga stans that believe the us radio didn’t play her music and they are being called delusional by you? I’m lost. Either way a bit too hostile, Alex. 

No’ im highly against the thing “ US radio never really played her music” when in fact she has the record most back to back top40 #1s. Yes Alejandro wasnt #1 but it was one of the biggest Top40 hits of that year as well. Same thing goes for The Edge Of Glory. 

Radio will play her music when she starts to care. Like i said book a iheartradio set and She will top the pop charts simple as that. 

Is the implication that she hasn't done anything to get radio to play her? Cause I'm pretty sure she did radio tours during ARTPOP and Joanne. Obviously she's not going to continue to have #1s 10 years later, no matter how many irrelavant a** iHeartRadio concerts she does :banana:Radio spammed her cause she was at her peak, that's it.

Edited by 0606060
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,673

It's a good thing that Gaga can have huge hits (like Shallow, ARTUW, and even ROM) without smash peaks on the radio, which realistically are not gonna happen unless a Flowers-like anomaly happens. This is one of the many reasons why she shouldn't water down her music for radio ala The Cure/Stupid Love. 

Edited by BloodyOreo
  • paws up 7
  • thanks 1

• little legend changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread,
  • corvus albus locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic