Charts Discussion Thread,

little legend

The Fame Popster 405
On 3/23/2023 at 11:54 PM, derpmonster said:

Can someone link to that tiktok girl's dance that was captioned something like "Taylor Swift dancing"? Can't find it

This one?

icant.gif

• lol 6
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,221
On 3/24/2023 at 5:04 AM, CHROMATICON said:

I can see Zendaya playing Cleo + She stars in Dune and its sequel so she will probably become Denis' muse. I really wanted Gaga to be Cleo since I think she would nail the energy the character needs but she would also be obliterated by the GP, since a lot of them still think Cleo was a black woman, even tho no one really knows her ethnicity. 

When it comes to her ethnicity majority of experts claim that she was of Greek-Macedonian descent so basically caucasian-mediterranean (white with dark-olive skin tone complexion), a lot of people confuse her with Nefertiti that was black.

Aside from this argument, I think Zendaya still looks too young and teeny for the role, I don't see in her the charisma and the legendary sex appeal Cleopatra was rumored to have, that was embodied perfectly by Elizabeth Taylor, majority of people still have her imagine on mind when they think to Cleaopatra, regardless if the ethnicity was correct or less.

I think Gaga would have been perfect (Cleopatra notoriusly had also a Gaga kind of nose) but considering Gaga wokeness, I think she would have refused doing this in order to avoid possible backlash.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 12,132
On 3/24/2023 at 9:51 AM, Leptine said:

When it comes to her ethnicity majority of experts claim that she was of Greek-Macedonian descent so basically caucasian-mediterranean (white with dark-olive skin tone complexion), a lot of people confuse her with Nefertiti that was black.

Aside from this argument, I think Zendaya still looks too young and teeny for the role, I don't see in her the charisma and the legendary sex appeal Cleopatra was rumored to have, that was embodied perfectly by Elizabeth Taylor, majority of people still have her imagine on mind when they think to Cleaopatra, regardless if the ethnicity was correct or less.

I think Gaga would have been perfect (Cleopatra notoriusly had also a Gaga kind of nose) but considering Gaga wokeness, I think she would have refused doing this in order to avoid possible backlash.

The fact that Cleopatra is also said to be 5 feet tall and full figured. Zendaya is the last person anyone would associate with that look :icant:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,792
On 3/18/2023 at 3:30 PM, Gagacharts said:

I wouldn´t say so. Dua´s songs are way easier to sing than Katy´s because she has nearly no belting in it.

Just compare Firework to Don´t Start Now or Levitating.

Dua has improved a lot over the past years but Katy has a much stronger voice (my opinion)

Yes, Katy sounds pitchy sometimes but at least she tries to belt sometimes.

LMAO Katy's songs are not hard to Sing at all 💀☠️

And Katy Is just the poor man's Cher!

Edited by Mario Spears

A Popster Is Born 13,703
On 3/24/2023 at 5:21 AM, Leptine said:

it's fiction

The Fame Popster 352
On 3/24/2023 at 9:06 AM, danwasd said:

it's fiction

But history-based. What's gonna be next? An asiatic Napoleon? Please, keep historical figures accurate.

Edited by Andraslop
  • paws up 4

Popster to Popster 3,221
On 3/24/2023 at 9:06 AM, danwasd said:

it's fiction

Aside from this argument, I just don't see Zendaya for this role, the actress playing that role should have a strong charismatic sexual energy (the exactly one Gaga was serving as countess on AHS to make an example), in Zendaya I personally just don't see it :katy:

Gal Gadot that has been casted for the other movie about 'Cleopatra' is a good choice from that point of view imo (she's not very good at acting but that is another story).

• paws up 1

On 3/24/2023 at 12:37 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

POP

+68 spins

+0,362 ai

HAC

+47 spins

+0,236 ai

We are probably jumping to #5 on HAC tomorrow

LETS GOOOOOO

Jesus Pop radio WTF 

IS THIS HER SECOND WIND!!?? :giveup:

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 14,750
On 3/24/2023 at 4:36 PM, Andreu said:

How do you predict Ed Sheeran's new song is going to debut? I don't see it smashing right away :ohhh:

I dont know about the debut but his lead single will SMASH as per usual :bunny:

• little legend changed the title to Charts Discussion Thread,
  • corvus albus locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic